Last week was very exciting because so many of you voted! Stone Ruination IPA killed the competition, and we started to get the sneaking suspicion that maybe you're basing your voting on past tastings....?? If so, for shame!! The brilliance behind this game is that it gives you the opportunity to try two beers of the same style, side by side, and really listen to what your taste buds are telling you in order to pick out the subtle nuances in each. Let's train our palates! Who knows; it could lead to the dream career you've always wanted – the cicerone (Google it!!).
It's all well and good to ask, “which do you like better?” But it's basically akin to a roll of the dice if you're not measuring your opinion against an industry standard. Which is where the BJCP style guidelines come in. BJCP stands for the Beer Judging Certification Program, and it serves as an island that the waves of public beer opinion can crash upon but cannot move.
- Palate Perfection Challenge - IPA Showdown Week 2
- Mr.Beer College Hoops Bracket Challenge - Final Standings
- NCAA Championship Preview - UConn vs. Butler
- Ultimate Party Keg-splosion
- Mr.Beer's Palate Perfection Challenge - IPA Showdown Week 1
- Introducing Mr.Beer's Palate Perfection Challenge
- Congrats Ken Lee!
- Tiny Bikes and Big Wheels