Just finished bottling my first batch. I was skeptical that the beer was going to actually brew over the past three weeks, not sure why I didn’t have confidence but once I started bottling I was greeted with the most delicious bread like aroma, unmistakably beer (just flat of course). Had a little taste and was very good. You could also smell the alcohol so I guess the process worked.
The bottling wand I bought proved useless. It fit nice but would barely flow. Yes I vented the top of the LBK, but even then. Ended up using a funnel and it worked fine. Had enough brew for 8 and a half bottles. Can’t wait to try it.
Interesting thing about the turb. You may recall my earlier post where my spigot was leaking and so would the wide mouth if I stood it on end. So I found an angle for the LBK where the solution wouldn’t rest against the spigot or lid. That’s how it brewed for three weeks. An artifact of this is that the turb accumulated in the back corner of the LBK away from the spigot. Because I didn’t have space in the refrigerator and garage is freezing cold, I had no convenient way to cold crash the brew. I decided since the turb was all down in the bottom back corner I would be ok. No problems bottling but I expect the beer will be cloudy/wheat like but that’s ok for this first batch. Next post will be taste testing the final product.