Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
acortely

Anyone primed with Nerds candy???

Maybe it is just me, but I find it interesting that people assume the poster is a rookie because of the number of his posts.

I don't know too many noobs that are doing all grains, and from the couple of his posts that I have read, this was not his first one at that.

Welcome fellow Mad Scientist!!!

Interesting idea. March to that drum...

crazybrody wrote:

I, like zobl missed this the first time. I just listened to a Basic Brewing Radio where they were trying cider primed with different sugars, and one of the bottles was primed with two mini marshmallows. I dont think it turned out so good but I was amazed and never would have thought to try that.

I am disappointed that you actually didnt try this and that so many people were against it. I think just for that reason Im going to go get some nerds and prime some beer with it. No I wont know "exactly" how much to put in each bottle but I can guesstimate pretty close.

I remember this crazy young brewer who wanted to make a beer with asaparagus. He did it and it didnt turn out great but he had fun doing it.
Oh wait that was me. :P

Stinky Pee!

Resurrecting this one b/c I've been mulling over the idea of making a candy corn ale.  I did find a few articles on it and the consensus is 50/50.  I think step one would be to find a gelatin free candy corn.  Not really sure about this one.  I did have candy corn vodka once: bottle of vodka w/a hand full of candy corn thrown in.  That wasn't bad.  ?