Lylebobyle

Texas, y'all!!

73 posts in this topic

Just got my kit, after I gave one as a gift for Christmas, thought I would give it a try. Started ferment last night of Blonde Ale (1/13). In Htown! B)

A Redskins fan in Texas? I like you already.

Lots of Seahawks fans in AZ. No Cardinals fans, though. lol.

49ers maybe but Seahawks?  Strange...

I wonder if Stone Cold doesn;t like beer in real life. He just smashes the can and dumps most of it on his face. The Rock is drinking his, and Hulkster looks like he's trying to get every drop out of his.

MRB Josh R likes this

I wonder if Stone Cold doesn;t like beer in real life. He just smashes the can and dumps most of it on his face. The Rock is drinking his, and Hulkster looks like he's trying to get every drop out of his.

I agree. The Hulk looks to be the most efficient drinker. Maybe not the fastest, but he's definitely less wasteful. Though I imagine what they're drinking probably isn't anything to cry over.

EDIT: I just realized that if Vakko changes his signature, no one will know what we're talking about...lmao. :lol:

Gerry P. likes this

Sadly my Uncle(Mom's brother) and her second husband(she was married more times than Zaza Gabor) were "professional" wrestlers. I knew it was fake and how they did it in the 3rd grade.

I just moved to Dallas from the burbs. Does anyone know if going to the Texas beer festival is worth the price?

I'm in Austin, Gnawking. There are a lot of brewers here and I intend to get to know one of the groups. 

I see that a lot of these posts are from pretty far back. I wonder who's still around.

On 1/15/2012 at 5:49 PM, pepsidude88 said:

Any body out here towards abilene

I'm in Abilene. I wish we had a homebrew store here.

Family vacation coming up and my sister in law offered to bring me some beer from tx that I can't get in Wisconsin. I googled a top ten list but just looking for any other input. She's in Allen tx

The hot beer (served cold, that is) right now down here in Texas is Blood & Honey made by Revolver Brewing outside of Dallas.  It's still just distributed over a small area.  I've had clients from Houston drive up to Austin to buy it.  It is an American Pale Wheat Ale made with blood oranges and honey.  It's got some spices thrown in that makes it pretty much out of this world.  ABV of 7.0%.  

Their website describes it as "American Wheat Ale – ABV: 7%  IBU: 20   An unfiltered deep golden ale made with malted two row barley and wheat. The brew is finished with Blood Orange zest, local Fall Creek Farms Honey and other spices that bring special flavors to this unique beer."

If your sister-in-law brings you some of that beer, you'll owe her a big Xmas present!

Creeps McLane likes this

I could've never narrowed down that list to anything below 20 myself. I must admit that Texas has done something right, or it just might be that the state is so damn big that the odds are for having some pretty awesome craft beer!

Creeps McLane likes this

I've  never heard of any of them! my sister lives in Dallas, one year she got me a collection of saisons, ale, lager and a barleywine from a brewey in Austin, I couldn't remember the name, but that stuff was STRONG! she said it was very expensive too!

I'm in Oklahoma but frequent the Dallas beer scene, not frequently enough though!