Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ninetoes

Winter Lager recipe?

Ninetoes, I love Sam Adams winter lager too!
I always look forward to this time of year for that great brew.

Another recipe that wasn't listed on the above like is one that I am actually making and customizing; Ol' St. Nick's Midnight Ale.

It is pretty much the same as the 2002 and 2004 Christmas Ales with only slight differences.

Check it out:
Ol' St. Nick's Midnight Ale

I have gotten close with a quarter of an orange peel, 1/2 Tbl of cinamon, and 1/2 Tbl of nutmeg. I have used a can of Cowboy lager and a can of light UME with the above ingredients and I have used a can of viana lager and a can of light UME as well. Both tasted good. It's not quite the same though it is close.

I would think the Vienna Lager and a Mellow amber, plus the cinammon, nutmeg and orange peel would be closer. I thought the winter lager, to me anyways, tasted a lot like their Octoberfest, which I also enjoyed.

I would think that the cowboy lager or vienna lager w/the creamy brown UME. then add the other ingredients mentioned. the creamy brown will give you a better taste than the light UME not to mention the darker color. you all got me thinking on this and now I want to make my own.:woohoo:

Just got the Sam Adams winter pack. One of my favorite brew packs oout there, except for maybe the Lambic. Not to fond of it, I'll give it a try again but I don't know.

Anyways, was drinking a Winter Lager and I am already in planning for my next brew that will hopefully be similar.