Mr.Beer Community

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I couldn't find a thread in MUG specifically for Texas folks. I see a few identified themselves in the original thread, but it's been a long time, and I'm sure there's a lot of new folks here since then. Maybe if we identify ourselves and where we are, we can make some kind of meetup happen in the near future. I think I would be willing to travel a little ways on a weekend to meet up with several fellow members if we can find a fairly central meeting point.

BTW, I'm in Pflugerville, which is pretty much right at the most northeastern point of Austin.

I never could figure out the MUG thing Joe. I kept seeing posts pop up but didn't get it on where they came from. Like right now I see I am replying to a post in the MUG but... sorry still don't get it.
I'll jump in with you but since this is the only forum I've ever been on you are going to have to explain it to me. I'm not afraid to claim when I'm dumb about something I don't get. PM me ??? or what ??

This thread could be used. But, it could also be anounced in the MUG thread.
I know I'd like to do a get together, I'm just not sure I could. And, I don't want others to have to meet my schedule.
The Wife and I drive out (we hope) on 30 Aug. We don't know what time tho, and we don't know if it would be a good time for others. We will be heading North~ish.
Like I've said, I've met Joe and his lovely wife. I'd like to meet T8r and all the others here in Texas before I bugger off.
As time goes by, I guess we'll all see how it goes. If I can play, I will.

@ Brewbirds- I think there's a little drop-down menu on the main "Recent Topics" page, where you can pick a category to view or post in. There's basic brewing, advanced brewing, etc. One of the categories is "Mr Beer User's Group(MUG). It was set up for get togethers of people from specific states, basically. I also think there's no such thing as a dumb question. There's nothing I know now that I didn't know before I got to know it, so I figure that's just how it works.

@ Dag- I sure hope we can get together once again before you leave for Washington. I know the first time we met, I was a serious newbie, and I barely had the slightest clue of what I was doing. I'd love to hang out once more, now that I know you and beer a little better. And I'll be glad to help get a few others to join us. If you're hading north on I-35, we should be able to get up 3 or 4 of us in the area that would love to meet up with you. I'll be glad to have everyone here, or just as glad to meet up at a restaurant or park or whatever. We could even meet up at a central location somewhere between Austin and Corpus, which might allow a few more folks from other areas to join us. Looks like we need to make this happen before August 30.

"Tommz81" post=389960 said:

Ok boys, I'm headed to Dallas tomorrow. Any good homebrew shops around there?

I'm from Austin, but I have heard good things about Homebrew Headquarters in Richardson, which I think is a suburb of Dallas.

I'm in Tyler.

We're now blessed (as of a few months ago) with our own homebrew supply store here owned/operated by a very dedicated brewer who knows his stuff. Here's the WEBSITE. Right now, you can get 12% off your first order there using the code "1stTHBS"

Our brew club, Tyler Pints & Suds (TAPS), has a homebrew tasting and cookout at the shop every third Thursday. A nice variety of excellent homebrew gets brought there each month.

There are two around here, the one in Richardson and the other in Carrollton.
Homebrew Hqs:
http://www.homebrewhq.com/Contact/Directions.aspx
Toymakers Wine Store:
http://www.finevinewines.com/home-brew-store-location.htm

Both sites have street addresses/maps, or you can enter their address in mapquest.com.

Yankeedag, I'm in the Denton area, right on I-35E, so if you happen to pass this way on your move, give me a heads up to stop by for some refreshments, and possibly some to take on your trip. I only have German lagers though, if that's ok...

I was following this thread last night when my internet went out.

@Dag if you want to hook up with Joe and the Brewbirds on your way out it would be an honor and a pleasure to host you for the night.

I have a whole house attached to mine that is unoccupied. Only thing is that there is no bed, just a sofa, a futon and I think I have a queen size air mattress in the attic.

From San Antonio you could head this way via 281 to Marble Falls then 1431 to Lago Vista and then on down 1431 to hit I-35 the next morning.

Shoot me or Joe a PM if interested.

Seems like there are a few Texas brewers here on the forum (don't worry, I don't hold it against you, even if you are Texans, you brew, so you are OK in my book!). Unfortunately you guys are all so far away. If any of the Texas brewers find their way to El Paso, I am only 2 hours from there.

"JimH" post=390043 said:

Seems like there are a few Texas brewers here on the forum (don't worry, I don't hold it against you, even if you are Texans, you brew, so you are OK in my book!). Unfortunately you guys are all so far away. If any of the Texas brewers find their way to El Paso, I am only 2 hours from there.

Brewbirds get a pass, we are former New Mexicans ala Las Cruces. ;)

OK Brewbirds, you can have a free pass! Do you guys ever make it back to the area? Still about an hour and a half from Las Cruces but it's not too far away for a meetup if you ever make it back.

"JimH" post=390045 said:

OK Brewbirds, you can have a free pass! Do you guys ever make it back to the area? Still about an hour and a half from Las Cruces but it's not too far away for a meetup if you ever make it back.

Haven't been back in years but that doesn't mean we didn't like. Just kept moving farther away.
It would take a lot of incentive to make the long, long boring drive down I-10.

If something sends us that direction I will definitely look you up though.

Sounds good. I know what you mean by the drive. I went to Austin 2 years ago, and drove it. Sure is a lot of nothing between El Paso and Austin. Unless you mean Longhorns, saw a few of those.