Mr.Beer Community
newf84

Any fellow Canadians using Mr.Beer

I was about to purchase some stuff from MR Beer online but the shipping was way to much. so is there an online place in Canada to get stuff. I live in the sticks and do most shopping that way now. any help would be wonderful.

nick

Nick, I apologize for not seeing this message sooner. I know for a fact that http://homebrewsupplies.ca sells and ships the Mr Beer kits, since I was the first one to request he start stocking it  :)

Hope you're still around and checking this post.

Posted this in faq newbie forum but I,ll add it here as well. Was in Vaughn mills basspro today and asked aboot the mr beer product only to be told they no longer carry mr beer

Posted this in faq newbie forum but I,ll add it here as well. Was in Vaughn mills basspro today and asked aboot the mr beer product only to be told they no longer carry mr beer

That's odd. Not enough sales maybe? I saw the Canadian Blonde and Oktoberfest Lager at Kitchen Stuff Plus this weekend for 17.95. They had the starter kits for 49 bucks too.

That's odd. Not enough sales maybe? I saw the Canadian Blonde and Oktoberfest Lager at Kitchen Stuff Plus this weekend for 17.95. They had the starter kits for 49 bucks too.

where abouts?

The Kitchen Stuff Plus I was at was in Mississauga's Heartland shopping centre. There's a bunch in the GTA though. One in Whitby which would be closer for you….

North Whitby

E2 - 320 Taunton Rd E, L1R 0H4

Whitby

Hey I'm in Brantford, Ontario. Been brewing since this past Christmas. I've been ordering things off the Mr. Beer site, but this shipping is a barrier unless there is a pretty decent sale on.

I've got two LBKs going right now, and four sets of bottles. Not a bad pipeline, but I want a 3rd fermentor so I could have a batch out every week.

Hey, I am in Nova Scotia. Just bottled my first batch last Friday (American light - came with kit) and got batch number 2 going last Saturday (Oktober Fest). Mr. Beer stuff is going on sale where I am at next week. Looking to stock up on a couple of refil kits. Canadian Blonde any good?

Hey, I am in Nova Scotia. Just bottled my first batch last Friday (American light - came with kit) and got batch number 2 going last Saturday (Oktober Fest). Mr. Beer stuff is going on sale where I am at next week. Looking to stock up on a couple of refil kits. Canadian Blonde any good?

don't know yet it's in the fermenter right now

I brewed Canadian Blonde deluxe as my second batch, I think it has been my favorite yet.  I've got 6 batches drunk so far, and the pipeline is still flowing.  Just lined up a bit of an experimental run based off a Candian Honey Blonde recipe I adapted.

1. straight up Canadian Blonde Deluxe as a baseline.

2. Canadian Honey Blonde recipe - Canadian Blonde Deluxe, Pale LME, Cascade Hops and Honey

3. Horse's Ass Ale recipe (plus a pale LME for extra body) that I adapted my recipe from - CAL, Pale LME, Cascade Hops and Honey

I want to try them all consecutively to see which one I like best.

Anybody interested in lightly used LBKs or PET bottles?  I've switched to doing 5 gallon batches and glass bottles.  I've got 3 LBKs and 4 dozen PET bottles that I'm willing to part with cheaply, say $5 per LBK and $5 per dozen bottles.  Not worth shipping so I'm looking for a local sale.  I am travelling to Port Perry, ON and Hanover, ON next month so I could deliver or meet somewhere in between.

Anybody interested in lightly used LBKs or PET bottles?  I've switched to doing 5 gallon batches and glass bottles.  I've got 3 LBKs and 4 dozen PET bottles that I'm willing to part with cheaply, say $5 per LBK and $5 per dozen bottles.  Not worth shipping so I'm looking for a local sale.  I am travelling to Port Perry, ON and Hanover, ON next month so I could deliver or meet somewhere in between.

FWIW I also do 5 gal batches and glass bottles/kegging. even with 2 ale pails I still use 2 LBKs to make "5 gal" allows for a true 3 week rotation pipeline

I've been using 2 LBKs but bought a 5 gallons kit with a pale and glass secondary fermentor so I don't really need to have 4 LBKs taking up space (I'm keeping one LBK and several cases of PET bottles).  

We are working hard to get more Canadian shops with our refills.  We have a few in Toronto area as our Canadian warehouse is in Mississauga.  Our starter kits are in quote a few place as our sales guys have worked hard to get them spread out and Amazon is selling some as well. 

Going back over this topic…. How did I not notice this? Your warehouse is in Mississauga?????? Where? How do I get a job there? Can I take my pay in MrB refills?

I live on the border of Brampton/Mississauga. 

Hey everyone,

I'm innthe Vancouver area and just got my kit in the mail today (I guess they deliver on Sunday's during the holidays) and I'm pumped to start my first batch, I've always wanted a Mr. Beer kit.