Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
HoppyRob

Anyone in southern Indiana?

I'm a new brewer and just looking to make friends to join with and possibly get new and improved brewing ideas. Also looking for anyone in the area that has any information on growing hops. I'm wanting to try this and possibly use in future brews.

Hoppy, can't say that I have. I don't get out to hear live music much though.

Like the cat pic scouterbill, That's a pretty good looking list of stuff you have going. How's the BAA? That's one I haven't made or used in anything yet.

LBK#1 - Punkin Lager

LBK#2 - Oktoberfest Lager + Robust HME + Strawberry puree with some vanilla extract and Cocoa powder. Hopefully it comes out kinda like Neopalatin ice cream.

The BAA is probably one of the best HME's that Mr. Beer has when brewed straight up, my first batch was great. I just took a sample from the fermenter for a gravity reading (as I will be bottling this weekend) and that sample tasted amazing!! :). It was hard to keep myself from pouring a glass to drink from the fermenter. The next 6 weeks are going to be long! :( ​ The addition of wheat DME really rounded out the BAA.  That was my last can of BAA so I'm going to have to order some more. I really want to do the "Big Red One" recipe. I'd like to get started on it soon so that it might be ready for Superbowl Sunday.

never have tried the BAA, I think mr. beer shud have a sale on it to honor Halloween, ill get sum of that. the diablo is pretty good, just needs a tad more hop character to it, and since they've already had a sale on that I dnt see it going on sale again anytime soon

Western Kentucky here (Henderson). I just started my first batch two days ago and I may have screwed the pooch by getting ambitious and excited and tinkering with an Irish Stout instead of brewing it straight up. I wasn't sure when to add brown sugar (I was using a recipe from the forum) and I added it to the keg right at the beginning with 12 oz. of espresso. Other brewers seem to think I have ruined it. Fingers crossed it is ok and I'll add a tablespoon of espresso per bottle at bottling. This is going to be the longest 7 weeks ever! :)