Mr.Beer Community
JoshR

Fat Tire Clone

they can force prime in like a week @ 35f, less if you roll the keg. not sure a natural prime bottle would work the same.

Yeah, Ive force kegged in a day before.

Most people recommend putting in the fridge for around three days.  I have no problems drinking right out of the pantry if what I want NOW isnt in the fridge or on tap.

ok really, I will try to be normal here bcuz I do have a question, if u add extra lme, dme or a booster and add normal amount of sugar when bottling, does it make any changes to the carbonization bcuz of the added ingredients?

No.

ok really, I will try to be normal here bcuz I do have a question, if u add extra lme, dme or a booster and add normal amount of sugar when bottling, does it make any changes to the carbonization bcuz of the added ingredients?

I can only assume your extra ingredients are added before the yeast and primary fermentation.

If that is true, then, no, it has no impact on carbonation.

I say it this way because some people have used strange things to prime their bottles.

Fat Tire Clone:

This is loosely based off of BYO's clone, but using Mr. Beer ingredients (other than the grains):

1 American Ale

2 LME- Smooth

.25 lb Chocolate Malt

.25 lb Carapils (I prefer Belgian, but any carapils will do)

.5 oz Willamette Hops

1 oz Fuggle Hops

S-05 Yeast

Instructions:

JoshR, is the S-05 yeast the same asSafale US-05 Dry Ale Yeast ?

Safale US-05 is also known as the "Chico" strain. It was originally introduced by Sierra Nevada (it's used in their beers) and is the country's most popular brewing yeast. It's also the same as White Labs 001 (WLP001) and Wyeast's American Ale (WY 1056).

Brewed my Fat Tire today.  Smelled really good cooking up!  Gonna be really hard to leave it alone for a couple of months.

I noe what u meen!  I can't weight that long! what am I gonna do? I guess I cud go climb mount everlast shud be done by the tyme I get back.....

i'm looking forward when I get to start the chamy blue, still dnt have all the ingreedances

I did the 1 week taste of the Chimay Blue and it was smooth.  My wife thinks its too bitter but I disagree.  We'll taste it again in a month.

ok so I finally tapped into one of my fat tire clone kegs, during  a bbq party last night and thot id serve a sample to everyone. it was a success! we wiped it out fast! however, it didn't taste anything like fat tire nor did it look like it maybe bcuz I added sum chocolate and caramel malt to the recipe. had great head retention and the malt character was superb! ive renamed it as the now new Black tire stout!!!