Mr.Beer Community
milesthedeputy

Mr Beer Brew Fans in Canada

First time poster.

I got my first LBK just before Christmas and have made a few batches and have been enjoying the hobby of home brewing:

To all my fellow Canadians:

Kitchen Stuff Plus has been the only place I have been able o get new refills (without ordering online from the USA).

I have found a way to save a few $$ on each refill. If you sign up for their e-newsletter they give you a 25% off coupon for any one item good for about a week after issue. The cashier gave me my coupon back today and said us it until it expires meaning if I go buy on refill everyday I keep getting the discount.

Unfortunately their selection is slim being only Canadian Blonde and Oktoberfest.

Also my local TSC store just put refills on their shelves. They had the North American collection (Classic American Light and Aztec Cerveza) in a twin pack and single American Lager refills.

Has any other Mr. Beer fans (in Ontario) shopped at Bass Pro for refills?

I have bought some at Kitchen Stuff Plus and TSC Stores but haven't went to Bass Pro as it's quite a hike to drive not knowing what they have.

Any info would be helpful, thanks.

Has any other Mr. Beer fans (in Ontario) shopped at Bass Pro for refills?

You can call to check, or click on Email the store manager.

I received this when I emailed the manager of the Vaughn, ON Bass Pro:

Hi Miles,

Unfortunately I do not have any of the Mr. Beer refill products.  They have been taken out of our assortment.  If I can find any further details, I shall be in touch.

Regards,

B___ A____

Camping Lead

Bass Pro Shops

Seems like they don't carry Mr. Beer anymore.

Still, you can do a lot with CAL, Aztek and Oktoberfest.  I am shortly (before Dec 31 2015) going  try brewing the CAL and Aztec together as a variant on "Golden One".  Andif yo u can buy malt and hops you can make a bunch more interesting brews.

It's interesting - there was a push to ADD retailers in Canada, not lose them.  If BassPro has discontinued selling the products then it should be removed from the store-locator page.  If one scrolls around the map in Canada, stores that come up include:

Peavy Mart (western Canada)

Kitchen Stuff Plus

BassPro

I do see Mr. Beer products on Amazon.ca with free shipping (PRIME), for CDN$ 21.27 ($16.16 US which seems reasonable) for all the base refills, and CDN $27.99 - $29.99 for the Craft refills, which also seems reasonable.  Note that each listing seems to show one product, but when you get into the listing you can select all of them.  

We do still sell to BassPro. It may have been the decision of that particular location to discontinue them (they may sell better in some locations than others). I'll pass this along to our B2B sales department to get their input.

Need to resurrect this thread. Any others from the great white north 🇨🇦 on this forum? If so, where? Myself, I’m from Alberta, about an hour from Edmonton. Loving all the craft breweries popping up all over my area. Loving the days getting longer and the snow disappearing as well. 

On 2/28/2018 at 2:44 PM, dale hihn said:

Need to resurrect this thread. Any others from the great white north 🇨🇦 on this forum? If so, where? Myself, I’m from Alberta, about an hour from Edmonton. Loving all the craft breweries popping up all over my area. Loving the days getting longer and the snow disappearing as well. 

My Wife and I are going to Banff in July. Any breweries you can recommend in the Banff, lake Louise area?

On 2018-03-04 at 6:33 PM, John K. said:

My Wife and I are going to Banff in July. Any breweries you can recommend in the Banff, lake Louise area?

Grizzly paw brewing co in Canmore. Big Rock is in Calgary and is an old favorite. I’m sure Banff has many (expensive) craft breweries as well. 🍺city of  Red Deer has an award winning brewery called Troubled Monk if you end up that direction. And if in that vicinity check out Siding14 brewery in Ponoka- ten minutes from my house, or Blindman brewing in Lacombe. 

23 hours ago, dale hihn said:

Grizzly paw brewing co in Canmore. Big Rock is in Calgary and is an old favorite. I’m sure Banff has many (expensive) craft breweries as well. 🍺city of  Red Deer has an award winning brewery called Troubled Monk if you end up that direction. And if in that vicinity check out Siding14 brewery in Ponoka- ten minutes from my house, or Blindman brewing in Lacombe. 

@dale hihn We'll definitely check out Grizzly Paw in Canmore. It's not too far from Banff. Don't think we'll make it to Red Deer, unless I can talk the wife into taking a road trip for a brewery. We're flying into Calgary maybe we'll stop at big rock on our way to Banff. Banff Ave. Brewing is the only one I've found right in Banff, so I'm sure we'll go there. Thanks for the info!

16 hours ago, John K. said:

@dale hihn We'll definitely check out Grizzly Paw in Canmore. It's not too far from Banff. Don't think we'll make it to Red Deer, unless I can talk the wife into taking a road trip for a brewery. We're flying into Calgary maybe we'll stop at big rock on our way to Banff. Banff Ave. Brewing is the only one I've found right in Banff, so I'm sure we'll go there. Thanks for the info!

If you do get to red deer area let me know. My wife and I would host dinner! 

On 28/02/2018 at 3:44 PM, dale hihn said:

I'm from the Greater Toronto area (GTA) and I was enjoying getting the HME refills from Walmart at first, but they stopped carrying them. 

The last order I made was from Kitchen Stuff Plus and they had a decent selection. I plan on going all grain soon, so I may not need the refills anymore.

9 minutes ago, Cammanron said:

I'm from the Greater Toronto area (GTA) and I was enjoying getting the HME refills from Walmart at first, but they stopped carrying them. 

The last order I made was from Kitchen Stuff Plus and they had a decent selection. I plan on going all grain soon, so I may not need the refills anymore.

Ever ran into the “6 God” there in the 6?

On 28/02/2018 at 3:44 PM, dale hihn said:

Need to resurrect this thread. Any others from the great white north 🇨🇦 on this forum? If so, where? Myself, I’m from Alberta, about an hour from Edmonton. Loving all the craft b noreweries popping up all over my area. Loving the days getting longer and the snow disappearing as well. 

I just checked, and Kitchen Stuff Plus doesn't carry Mr beer anymore.... Walmart stopped carrying them a while back, and Amazon is TOO expensive..... Really???? Is there no place to get this stuff anymore without paying thru the nose??

Just found BED BATH AND BEYOND still carries and has free shipping on orders over $49.00

Edited by Cammanron
Updated info

On 2018-03-08 at 7:15 PM, Cammanron said:

I just checked, and Kitchen Stuff Plus doesn't carry Mr beer anymore.... Walmart stopped carrying them a while back, and Amazon is TOO expensive..... Really???? Is there no place to get this stuff anymore without paying thru the nose??

Just found BED BATH AND BEYOND still carries and has free shipping on orders over $49.00

I've noticed that amazon has the refills for roughly $25-$30, with free shipping over 25 or 29 (I can't remember). 
I did come across a couple of refills that were listed for $60+, but I figured out that if I type "Mr Beer (insert refill name here)" I'll get the cheaper options.

Heck, one guy is selling the Long Play IPA for $90, but when I type "Mr Beer Long Play" into the search I found it for $26. 

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01D5J6Y84/ref=s9u_simh_gw_i1?ie=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01D5J6Y84&pd_rd_r=b514ae99-2cbe-11e8-a28c-89c23149c043&pd_rd_w=AKS8g&pd_rd_wg=dNrau&pf_rd_m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&pf_rd_s=&pf_rd_r=WP7QKYYJ5PHP6PC640H3&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=07871b8e-d32a-4963-b98f-ba712077f7f5&pf_rd_i=desktop

Hope this helps.