Mr.Beer Community
Nickfixit

Mad Scientist Brews

I also meant to add that I increased the water in the keg to around 1/4" above the 2 gallon mark, figuring the added fermentables and slight increase in yeast would compensate for the extra quart or two of liquid.  I'm after a full 2+ gallons of beer to fill 8 full bottles 32 oz in size.  Seems to be plenty of room in the LBK for an extra couple of quarts...

Starting this a little late but next in the barrel is my 1st attempt at making beer with pumpkin stuffings, yeast and various secret fermentables.  I'll only be tweaking an existing recipe around the edges so things shouldn't be too weird. ( If I'm gonna invest 2-3 months on making something drinkable, I kinda like to think it should be drinkable).  Viva La Pumpkin!

my favorite franken brew experience...

after boiling cabbage i had about 3 gallons of cabbage water.. lovely blue. i steeped some apple jacks cereal and grapenuts with some carapils. I used this with malt additions to make what was supposed to be a cream ale i think. dont have the recipe. i think it was more like 'lets see what happens if i do this...'.  and it was long ago. my dusty brain cant recall so good.

it started off very weird.  it's hard to describe the flavor.. but in fairness as it aged the pilsner flavor was more forward than the weird.  i would not recommend using cabbage water in beer. 

16 hours ago, zorak1066 said:

my favorite franken brew experience...

after boiling cabbage i had about 3 gallons of cabbage water.. lovely blue. i steeped some apple jacks cereal and grapenuts with some carapils. I used this with malt additions to make what was supposed to be a cream ale i think. dont have the recipe. i think it was more like 'lets see what happens if i do this...'.  and it was long ago. my dusty brain cant recall so good.

it started off very weird.  it's hard to describe the flavor.. but in fairness as it aged the pilsner flavor was more forward than the weird.  i would not recommend using cabbage water in beer. 

I love cabbage , but perhaps not in beer.  Corned beef, yes.  Sausages, yes.  Beer....uhhh, doesn't sound right.  😀