Nickfixit

Old Recipes located

17 posts in this topic

Excellent. Forum members may also have "Pre Josh" recipes you could post too if anyone wants them. Of course some updates will be needed - like longer fermentation and maturation times.

Ironically, I was just searching for the Plasma Porter on Monday. I didn't find it on the site nor did I find it at the link above.

Yep, Mr Beer needs to retire pages to a still accessible archive, even if they are not mainstream items.

I understand the need to keep the mainstream items fresh and updated and to limit number to keep page and search manageable. But please - make an archive.

Even a downloadable spreadsheet.

I do have a copy of an OLD spreadsheet - similar format would work - not a lot of text needed just what is in it and what the process parameters are.

Old recipes

magsvmi likes this

The link I posted? Ah yes, I see the others now.

Yeah your link was only one recipe, I fixed it to take people to the main archived recipe page.

THANK YOU for posting the archived recipes! I print the ones I make and annotate as I go but there are a couple that I really had my eye on and hadn't plunked for them yet - keeping my one LBK pretty busy. One further suggestion would be to add the descriptive text. The ones that I have made or noticed, I've got a good idea of their "character" but if I had an idea that I wanted to stretch a bit or was hunting for a certain special brew, the texts would help. Some of them are cute but then give a one line synopsis.

Once I have the experience of some of you all, maybe I will be able to "read" the recipe to know which LME and hops will steer me where. Hopefully away from what my daughter described as "halfway between bacon and soap."

Eric's Latest Mistake -

Brewing: Cole Porter

Aging: Saison du Miel, Belgian Christmas Ale

Bonsai & Brew and TonyKZ1 like this

Where have I been?  I see that the archived recipes are now accessible from the Mr. Beer main site!  The link is at the way bottom-left of the homepage under the "Customer Service" section.  This is pretty cool in that the recipe appears in the original "marketable" format, with the pictures, reviews, instructions and description -- well done and thank you Mr. Beer!:)

MRB Josh R, TonyKZ1 and MichaelL like this

Folks,

I have a MR Beer book printed in 1997 with some pretty cool recipes. I am sure the wort will have to be substituted.

Any one interested? I can scan it into a PDF. Send PM. If the interest is grand I will post it here.

Best, M

Stroomer420 and MRB Tim like this