Mr.Beer Community
NwMaltHead

Anticipation is killing me!

Awaiting the 3 week mark anxiously! My porter's gravity plateaued at 1.006FG by day 8; trying to hold out on bottling for the next 10 days (on day 11 now). Got cider going too, day 4 in ferm. Feel like a need just one more LBK or perhaps a 5gal so I can brew once a week and always have something to bottle and condition...

Patience is a virtue!  It will be worth the wait.

By all means, add at least one more LBK (I've got three).  Getting a pipeline up and running helps immensely.  Yes, you still have to wait seven weeks after brew day to see what you have wrought, but at least you'll have several other beers to enjoy while waiting.

Hang in there.  I'm still new, but I'm starting to see a pipeline forming.  I've added a second LBK and have batch number 5 and 6 going.

The advantage in being impatient early on is learning by tasting that your beer really does improve with a little extra time.  No matter how many times someone has told me to wait, I've had to taste it myself to be convinced that they are right.  How may times did Master Po (or RickBeer) have to say ""Patience young grasshopper..."!

Sale now on Craft kits - 1/2 price with Diable and spend a little more & get free shipping.

However if Mr B is changing things up a bit, and also with the new style LBK, there may be some good clearances soon in the distributors. It depends what they stock to sell for the holidays.

March is a good time to get post holiday sales of kits from Sears, Walmart, Target etc. They clear stock and you can get some good deals. That is how I got 2 of mine.

Sale now on Craft kits - 1/2 price with Diable and spend a little more & get free shipping.

However if Mr B is changing things up a bit, and also with the new style LBK, there may be some good clearances soon in the distributors. It depends what they stock to sell for the holidays.

March is a good time to get post holiday sales of kits from Sears, Walmart, Target etc. They clear stock and you can get some good deals. That is how I got 2 of mine.

Thanks Nickfixit appreciate it. Will definitely wait until springtime. Not an IPA man myself. I can thoroughly enjoy ibu of up to 60 if it's a well balanced Stout or IRA