KenEnnis

Having problem with leaking spigot

85 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, MRB Josh R said:

Just so you guys know, we have switched to a new manufacturer for our kegs and these issues should be solved in the coming year as the new kegs are released.

Thanks Josh!

What spigots will be available, and  mounting hole size?

1 minute ago, Nickfixit said:

Thanks Josh!

What spigots will be available, and  mounting hole size?

We will be using the current spigots we are using now, but the kegs will be more custom fit for them. Also, there are plans to have the molding seam go AROUND the spigot hole instead of through it, but I cannot confirm at this time if the design has been adapted yet. I will try to have more info for you as soon as I can.

Cammanron and hotrod3539 like this

If you can, please get them so they are a little less brown and the level markings are very visible looking through the container. The last two brews using the new big lid type LBK,  I overfilled by 1/2 inch because I could not see the liquid or the line.

Also would be nice to make the flat around the spigot larger, so that they can be drilled out for larger spigot if desired. No extra cost once the mold is made.

hotrod3539 likes this

5 hours ago, Cammanron said:

If that wand ever comes out though....

I slid my bottling wand inside the new black carafe spigot while I was sanitizing. I wanted to know if I would be in for a bigger mess than I EVER want to clean up. Glad I tried it out. 

3 hours ago, MRB Josh R said:

Just so you guys know, we have switched to a new manufacturer for our kegs and these issues should be solved in the coming year as the new kegs are released.

So will you be taking exchanges free of charge? All 3 of my kegs have the seam right down the middle and every time I tighten the nut, it marks up the rubber gasket. I'm worried that it will get all damaged sooner rather than later.

5 minutes ago, Cammanron said:

So will you be taking exchanges free of charge? All 3 of my kegs have the seam right down the middle and every time I tighten the nut, it marks up the rubber gasket. I'm worried that it will get all damaged sooner rather than later.

Or atleast some new gaskets...

Just to clarify, the gasket goes on the OUTSIDE, not the inside.  The beveled edge goes IN, against the LBK.  You should be finger tightening the nut, not very tight, then water testing it.  If the gasket gets a mark from the outside seam, it will go away once removed.

SilverBrewerWI likes this

Just to clarify spigot 4 or the new spigot, if you press down, instead of up, it works like a deadman switch and cuts the flow if you let go of it.

I bottle directly from the LBK to 740ml bottle, in the sink and that being said, I like the fill end of spigot 3 and the switch end spigot 4. Giving a choice between 3 and 4, I would take spigot 4.

55 minutes ago, RickBeer said:

Just to clarify, the gasket goes on the OUTSIDE, not the inside.  The beveled edge goes IN, against the LBK.  You should be finger tightening the nut, not very tight, then water testing it.  If the gasket gets a mark from the outside seam, it will go away once removed.

Yes.... Because of the seam that is not even, I have to tighten quite tight in order for it not to leak... All of the barrels

On 12/7/2017 at 6:52 AM, Cammanron said:

Yes.... Because of the seam that is not even, I have to tighten quite tight in order for it not to leak... All of the barrels

Email our customer service department at customerservice@mrbeer.com and we will see if we can send some replacements out to you. Be sure to include your full name and shipping address.

kedogn, Shrike and D Kristof like this