Dave Barleycorn

"Review" problem

15 posts in this topic

I just tried to write a review, and got an error message that "nickname is already in use." That's because I used it! (Dave Barleycorn)

Whatsupwiththat?

Dave,

I will be looking into this for you.  So long as you also use the same e-mail address as before, it should work.

Thanks

Every time I have tried to leave a review, it asks me to sign in. I will sign in, to make sure even though I already was, then try to go and leave a review, and it asks me to sign in.

*shrug*

@Dave Barleycorn - It appears as thought the solution may be tricky actually for some users that came over from our old review system. The e-mail validation may have some issues with the imported profiles apparently. 

For any person who creates a review and uses a new display name and e-mail, the system will validate and will then allow only that person with that e-mail address to submit the review for that username.

I apologize for this inconvenience, and i'll continue to look for a work-around, though for now I can only offer that you slightly change the display name you'd use. 

48 minutes ago, MRB Josh B said:

@Dave Barleycorn - It appears as thought the solution may be tricky actually for some users that came over from our old review system. The e-mail validation may have some issues with the imported profiles apparently. 

For any person who creates a review and uses a new display name and e-mail, the system will validate and will then allow only that person with that e-mail address to submit the review for that username.

I apologize for this inconvenience, and i'll continue to look for a work-around, though for now I can only offer that you slightly change the display name you'd use. 

Thanks. Btw, I would previously have used the same e-mail address. Not 100% sure whether I was logged in at the time.

I have had unpredictable experiences leaving reviews as well.  I understand that I now do not have to be logged in on the shopping site to leave a review, but instead am (apparently) identified by my "display name."  I have left several reviews the last couple of days using this new dialogue and only had to enter "display name" and "e-mail address" on two of my reviews (cookies?).  Also, I have only received one "no reply" e-mail to confirm my review (sorry -- I am old-school and will forever hyphenate the e-word "e-mail":)).  As far as my reviews that are actually appearing on the website, they appear to be in some sort of moderation limbo state and do not accurately reflect my response to the "have you brewed extracts before?" question.  Yes, I have!  I will continue to leave more reviews (we all want FREE BEER), but am unsure whether these reviews are actually "taking".  As always, thanks for listening -- now, I feel the need to go review Bohemian Bronze:D!

This is a great idea for a promotion, BTW.  I always read through the user reviews before taking on a recipe, and sometimes read through them just for entertainment value.  But yeah, some recipes/products don't have any reviews yet because customers are too busy brewing beer!  Good luck with it!

nozzlenut and MichaelL like this

When I click on the confirmation email I get sent to a page that states oops the page you are looking for no longer exists.  My first review did post ok. My second is not up, maybe pending untill Monday? 

Anything that requires staff intervention doesn't get done on the weekends.  Mr. Beer closes for the weekends, which while I understand that for forum stuff, I've never understood how an ecommerce site can close for support and orders on the weekend.  Lots of lost business, but that's their choice.

K5WX and nozzlenut like this

We're looking into the review issues that some may be having regarding the validation link sent to them, but unfortunately I do not have any updates as of yet.   I apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing.

We will update as more information comes to light.

We made a slight change to the script that runs the validation through.

For anybody who had a broken link before, can you please attempt to use that link again and let us know the results?

We haven't been able to replicate this problem on our end, and so the examples and screenshots provided to us by you all have been a great help.  Thank you again for that!

Same issues as before.  I left 3 reviews this morning but only received one e-mail confirmation with the authentication link (the first review that I submitted).  That review (Foggy Days) went live, but the other reviews have disappeared.