Kris

Irish Stout

12 posts in this topic

3 weeks fermenting, and at least 4 weeks in the bottle. Personally, I like to bottle condition my beers longer. Try 8 -12 weeks, there is a difference. I've had several bottles nearly a year later, and they were very good too. 

MRB Josh R and Pantooka like this

My experience with stouts, porters and some ales the longer you bottle condition the better. I have some Stagger back and a chocolate-coffee stout that are about 2 months in the bottle that just keep getting better. I almost want to eat the glass when it's empty!

hotrod3539 and Shrike like this

27 minutes ago, Pantooka said:

Just so I understand correctly: 2 months before those bottles go to the refrigerator?  Thanks!

3 weeks Fermenting, 4 weeks minimum carb/conditioning time at room temp (70-72*F) (so, yes we are at about 2 months at this point) Place ONE bottle in the refrigerator for 3 full days, open and drink on day 4 If it tastes ok but you feel it could be better, (take notes... you will reference them later) let the rest sit at room temp for another 4 weeks, then repeat the chilling and drinking of one bottle, (compare to previously taken notes... take notes from this tasting) if it tastes ok or good but you feel it could be better, repeat previous instructions, if it tastes great and you are 100% satisfied then refrigerate all the remaining bottles and enjoy responsibly!

Pantooka likes this