Mr.Beer Community
MrWhy

Upcoming Brewing Schedule

Sometime in the not so distant future... you ready for this? 10 gallon batch split. 5 gallons being a dunkel and then possibly the other 5 getting watered down a lil and using a Saison yeast for a dark Belgian grisette? Sounds pretty good for winter. 

#castleblackbelgian 

#whydoesthattygarianhavehairsoblackbelgian

#slamajammadunkel

#idonthavemuchforadunkel

I just bought 150+ lbs of grain, almost 2 lbs of hops, and 10 various yeasts. I'm ready for some fall / winter brewing baby! 

First brew, tomorrow will be a 10 gallon split batch. Last round of Pantry brews.

1 MRB northwest pale ale 

1 MRB Diablo IPA

1 MRB Churchills Nutbrown

1 Coopers pale ale

1 Breiss Sorghum 

4 oz rye malt

4 oz golden promise

4 oz white wheat

4 oz red wheat

3 oz mild malt

3 oz extra special malt

4 oz raw merit barley

1/2 oz warrior @ 10

1/2 oz warrior @ 5

1/2 oz warrior @ 0

1 packet of MGJ empire ale

1 mason jar of harvested lager yeast

21 minutes ago, MiniYoda said:

a very sad image of MiniYoda staring at the computer screen, salivating, and wondering.....

Can I bring the wings?  and the steaks?  and the mac & cheese?  and the green bean casserole?  and the pumpkin pie for desert?

Please, come live here for a month to help me clear these kegs. That's what's slowing me down. I haven't brewed in 2-3 weeks now to let myself catch up to my pipeline. 

I just bought 1100# of grain (+100# of dextrose) and I am hoping it gets me through the next 6-7 weeks.  I remember when going and getting 1-2 50# bags of 2-row seemed like a truck load. Now I have palettes delivered to me lol.

A big part of that will be 2 double batches of my 12% Triple IPA, “R U Ready?!?”.  Each batch is almost 100# of grain. It also has to sit 9 weeks so we need to brew it by 11/4 so it’s ready for the NFL Playoffs. :) 

39EB0CEB-A152-407B-B46C-C60E20A03FB6.thumb.jpeg.10d4c5fd3d9ff3b69433118a487d790f.jpeg

11 hours ago, Creeps McLane said:

Im gonna brew an amber with mosaic and bavarian yeast. 🖕🏼Style guidelines

I am not sure about he Bavarian yeast... but my next beer that I'm brewing is going to be basically a hoppy amber, using a couple # of Mosaic.  It will be my first time using Mosaic and since I told people a couple years ago "You will know I sold out when I brew with Mosaic" (not a fan) I am considering calling it "I Sold Out!"  lol  Will probably go with "Chaos Ensues" though :) 

3 hours ago, kedogn said:

I am not sure about he Bavarian yeast... but my next beer that I'm brewing is going to be basically a hoppy amber, using a couple # of Mosaic.  It will be my first time using Mosaic and since I told people a couple years ago "You will know I sold out when I brew with Mosaic" (not a fan) I am considering calling it "I Sold Out!"  lol  Will probably go with "Chaos Ensues" though :) 

I was recently at a brewery and had a slightly hoppy alt with hints of clover and molasses. Best beer ive had in awhile. 

Petit frere de Saison, fermented with the new SafAle BE-134 yeast while doubling the flaked rye

Chilean Coffee Stout using Patagonia specialty malts

Heather-Tipped Scottish Export with extra heather @ flame-out and different yeast

5-6 Gallon batch of Vienna Lager

Lighter, hoppier Calidelic Mandarin IPA

That should get me through November, haha. 🍻 

Sitting here this morning working on up-scaling my Winter Warmer IPA. I haven't brewed this one in about 5 years or so.  Kinda excited to do it again.  A place in town has said they will buy anything from us that is an IPA, so its time to start brewing a bunch of IPAs I guess and might as well start with an old classic. :)

Shiverrr.thumb.jpg.7e74be99bb16656e21110475510d5e9d.jpg

I just revised my schedule.  The wife and I are going on vacation in a few weeks so I figured I'd get one last brew in before that.  When we return I'll lower the temp on the mini-fridge and switch to brewing the four lagers I have on hand.  Then it's back to ales.

-  Whispering Wheat Hefeweizen
-  Saazquatch Imperial Pilsner (lager)
-  Chromosbeer (lager)
-  Austin Pils (lager)
-  Armstrong Dortmunder Export (lager)
-  Black Moon Weizen
-  Sir Kenneth Blond Ale
-  CALEX#2

On 10/24/2017 at 8:22 AM, kedogn said:

C03738B1-A50C-4F87-8118-C52A6CAB4DA8.png

Planning on keeping a few specialty type grains on hand for various styles of brews. This is what i have so far. I have 4 containers that can each fit 6# of grain. Any suggestions? 

17E15E48-5B44-4D89-81AA-1C33692EFF41.png

Theyre out of Pale chocolate malt and the other one i wanted, breiss mild malt, they do not stock. 

Been doing the lighter beers, the just beers, and IPA's until my basement beer fridge is packed full. Outside of that  an API-IPA, Thunder Bay IPA, Nilla Porter, and Oktoberfestivus, are all conditioning.  That Voodoo that You Do and a Sticky Wicket Stout are fermenting.

Just ordered a Lock, Stock, and Barrel Stout. 

Somebody stop me. :o

On 10/19/2017 at 8:06 PM, Creeps McLane said:

I just bought 150+ lbs of grain, almost 2 lbs of hops, and 10 various yeasts. I'm ready for some fall / winter brewing baby! 

First brew, tomorrow will be a 10 gallon split batch. Last round of Pantry brews.

1 MRB northwest pale ale 

1 MRB Diablo IPA

1 MRB Churchills Nutbrown

1 Coopers pale ale

1 Breiss Sorghum 

4 oz rye malt

4 oz golden promise

4 oz white wheat

4 oz red wheat

3 oz mild malt

3 oz extra special malt

4 oz raw merit barley

1/2 oz warrior @ 10

1/2 oz warrior @ 5

1/2 oz warrior @ 0

1 packet of MGJ empire ale

1 mason jar of harvested lager yeast

Ive been drinking the ale version for awhile now. Quite nice actually. I skipped the nut brown addition. I forgot i used empire ale yeast on this one. I couldn’t tell by drinking it. It just tastes nice.  

Havent tried the lager yet, its lagering... actually i already had the ale on tap and i didnt want two similar beers so i threw in an AG amber instead. Im kinda switching back and forth between the two. The other taps are my chocolate stout and my rye saison. Theyre both ok. Who was I fooling making a chocolate stout? Im not a stout guy...