MrWhy

Upcoming Brewing Schedule

354 posts in this topic

For varieties sake I try to alternate a PA/IPA in a LBK and a dark or amber in the other one. Sounds simple enough and would be but I love my dark beers and tend to stock more of those when I order.

6 hours ago, Cato said:

For varieties sake I try to alternate a PA/IPA in a LBK and a dark or amber in the other one. Sounds simple enough and would be but I love my dark beers and tend to stock more of those when I order.

My main rule of thumb when planning my brewing is to alternate between ones that need short conditioning and ones that need longer.  It keeps the pipeline running smoothly... :)  

SilverBrewerWI, Jdub and Cato like this

8 hours ago, Shrike said:

My main rule of thumb when planning my brewing is to alternate between ones that need short conditioning and ones that need longer.  It keeps the pipeline running smoothly... :)  

Yes, Shrike, part of my reason for alternating the PA's as they are generally hoppier and so a bit shorter conditioning than a lot of the dark ales. Lol, though any pipeline gaps are good reason to add to the bottle supply from commercial craft brews.

Shrike likes this

It's coming up on my second time to mess around with the CAL.  This time I'm mainly clearing out some grains and hops that I've got in the fridge that I have nothing else to use in.

CALEX#2:

- One CAL HME

- Two of the "new" booster packets.

- 2oz. each Munich, flaked red wheat, and two-row

Mash grains for 30 minutes, add booster, bring to a boil.

- 1/2oz Waimea for 30 minutes

- 1/2oz Citra for 20

- 1/2oz Citra for 10

I've got excess MRB yeast on hand so I'll probably just use that.

According to QBrew it'll be about 5%-ish and nicely bitter at about 80 IBU.  It should be a nice, refreshing brew for summer.