Mr.Beer Community
MrWhy

Upcoming Brewing Schedule

For varieties sake I try to alternate a PA/IPA in a LBK and a dark or amber in the other one. Sounds simple enough and would be but I love my dark beers and tend to stock more of those when I order.

6 hours ago, Cato said:

For varieties sake I try to alternate a PA/IPA in a LBK and a dark or amber in the other one. Sounds simple enough and would be but I love my dark beers and tend to stock more of those when I order.

My main rule of thumb when planning my brewing is to alternate between ones that need short conditioning and ones that need longer.  It keeps the pipeline running smoothly... :)  

8 hours ago, Shrike said:

My main rule of thumb when planning my brewing is to alternate between ones that need short conditioning and ones that need longer.  It keeps the pipeline running smoothly... :)  

Yes, Shrike, part of my reason for alternating the PA's as they are generally hoppier and so a bit shorter conditioning than a lot of the dark ales. Lol, though any pipeline gaps are good reason to add to the bottle supply from commercial craft brews.

It's coming up on my second time to mess around with the CAL.  This time I'm mainly clearing out some grains and hops that I've got in the fridge that I have nothing else to use in.

CALEX#2:

- One CAL HME

- Two of the "new" booster packets.

- 2oz. each Munich, flaked red wheat, and two-row

Mash grains for 30 minutes, add booster, bring to a boil.

- 1/2oz Waimea for 30 minutes

- 1/2oz Citra for 20

- 1/2oz Citra for 10

I've got excess MRB yeast on hand so I'll probably just use that.

According to QBrew it'll be about 5%-ish and nicely bitter at about 80 IBU.  It should be a nice, refreshing brew for summer.

I had planned to go up north this weekend and come back on Sunday and brew two extract  batches for kubbapalooza which is fast approaching. However, now it’s like rain/hailing out and strong winds. So.......... I have all the time in the world to brew this weekend. I’m making a gluten free lager and a bigger batch of wheat wort that will be split into a Hefeweizen batch and a Weiss that will be rack into the keg on top of some lemonade for a shandy. Super stoked

I received Dead & Berried and another order of Santa Rita (one of my top three favorite recipes) today, so revised my schedule:

-  Golden Empire IPA
-  Tangerously Hoppy IPA
-  Saison du Miel
-  Dead & Berried
-  Winter Dark Ale #2
-  Belgian Blanc
-  Hidden Lake Amber Ale

-  Santa Rita

I had that grisette the other night and it was so good that for the first time everbi emailed the brewery and askes them for some pointers. They were more than happy to steer me in the right direction and now i cant wait to brew my first kettle soured beer. Its all i can think about today

7 hours ago, Creeps McLane said:

Tomorrow were headed up north. My plan is to take two mason jars and some wort up there and collect some yeast. Ill be sure to keep yall up to date on that adventure 

Lol, my first thought was how does one head north in Wisconsin? Then I remembered that Michigan has that little finger peninsula that sticks out, or of course maybe your headed to Canada!

Regardless, looking forward to hearing about your yeast harvesting venture.