Jump to content
Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
MrWhy

Upcoming Brewing Schedule

Recommended Posts

Paw paws are back in season. Been planning brew 3 different beers when this time of year came around, but life ain't cooperating. Acquisition of the fruit has gotten complicated because of all the stuff flowing my direction. Considered buying them, but still need to brew. Maybe I can find somebody who cans or freezes them.

FB_IMG_1537238564943.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Big Sarge looked at the calendar today, noticed that theres nothing on it for this weekend. you know what that means... its brew day!!!!

 

i revised the recipe a bit and swapped omegas saisonsteins monster for wyeast 3726 farmhouse strain. 

 

How do we colab on this beer? Do i just wait a year and send you some? It would be my honor to ship you beer or the ingredients to brew the beer also. For a man who devoted his life to serving this great country i feel like either is a small gesture compared to your daily duties. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Creeps McLane, I'm just happy to be along for the ride, brother. If anything, I'd love to see some videos of the process; that's definitely the immersive experience. I promise to one day have my wife make us a couple shirts with the beer name on it. Even if it doesn't make the B.O.B. starting lineup, it'll come with a good backstory. I wish I could be more participative in the endeavor, but work has me in the huckle buck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what do y'all think about this recipe? just went to my LHBS today and got a bunch of stuff

 

MRB Octoberfest HME

1 lb Briess Traditional Dark(or Golden Light, I have both) DME

4 oz Vienna Malt

4 oz Munich Malt

Tettnang Hops (1/2 oz)

Wyeast Kolsch Smack Pack liquid yeast

maybe 1 MRB booster?

 

looking for some additions or subtractions, or go ahead and brew it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jdub said:

what do y'all think about this recipe? just went to my LHBS today and got a bunch of stuff

 

MRB Octoberfest HME

1 lb Briess Traditional Dark(or Golden Light, I have both) DME

4 oz Vienna Malt

4 oz Munich Malt

Tettnang Hops (1/2 oz)

Wyeast Kolsch Smack Pack liquid yeast

maybe 1 MRB booster?

 

looking for some additions or subtractions, or go ahead and brew it!

 

Looks like it'll make a tasty beer.  I'd go with the Golden Light DME and omit the Booster, but that's just me. 

 

Brew that beer!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shrike said:

 

Looks like it'll make a tasty beer.  I'd go with the Golden Light DME and omit the Booster, but that's just me. 

 

Brew that beer!

@Shrike do you think that booster modifies the flavor? i know they say don't chase ABV, but i will admit i do. If i can bump it 1% or so with a booster, i'm in. Thanks for the Golden Light suggestion. I will do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Jdub said:

@Shrike do you think that booster modifies the flavor? i know they say don't chase ABV, but i will admit i do. If i can bump it 1% or so with a booster, i'm in. Thanks for the Golden Light suggestion. I will do that.

No, it doesn't really affect the flavor.  It just looked like you were going for a refreshing Kolsch-style beer, one that you can put a few away on a hot day and not get too sloshed.  🤑  I try and keep my session brews under 5% ABV, usually closer to 4%.  But it's your beer and if you want that extra oomph, go for it.  It's still going to be tasty and refreshing.

 

And I also like my high octane brews.  ☺️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shrike said:

No, it doesn't really affect the flavor.  It just looked like you were going for a refreshing Kolsch-style beer, one that you can put a few away on a hot day and not get too sloshed.  🤑  I try and keep my session brews under 5% ABV, usually closer to 4%.  But it's your beer and if you want that extra oomph, go for it.  It's still going to be tasty and refreshing.

 

ah....i hear you there. always respect your advice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Jdub said:

brewing Mr Beer's Zombie Fest partial mash recipe tomorrow. Have a couple of JDub mods. using a wyeast kolsch liquid yeast that im getting to room temp now. also i'm adding a booster. anyone brewed up this recipe before?

 

I've got the recipe and it's in the queue -- a little late for O'fest, but still looking forward to brewing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2018 at 6:31 PM, Bonsai & Brew said:

 

I've got the recipe and it's in the queue -- a little late for O'fest, but still looking forward to brewing it.

i know....i'm not experienced enough yet to do much "seasonal" brewing. I like beer and that octoberfest hme can was staring at me! going to LHBS tomorrow. got a couple of recipes i'm gonna stock up for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×