Mr.Beer Community
MrWhy

Upcoming Brewing Schedule

tomorrow brewing up an AG super hopped Pliny the Elder clone. never had the real deal, but obsessed with things that i can't get. will see how the clone tastes. brewing with my son who goes back to college this weekend. will share finished product during spring break.

Ah, 8 oz Citra and 10 lb of 2-row hit the front porch this morning, which is perfect, because it'll be nasty stormy nor'Easter starting Sat night and all day Sunday will be windy and rainy. Brew day! Try my hand at a Zombie Dust Clone.

I'll do a full volume boil and plan on netting about 4.5gal 

Be my first Beersmith brew and water adjustments, plus using ph meter to chart how I did. I'm excited!

Running short on time to get a nice batch bottled before knee surgery mid February. Hate the thought of downtime and ewww surgery, but limping around like I've been on an unstable knee isn't getting it.

14 hours ago, Jdub said:

tomorrow brewing up an AG super hopped Pliny the Elder clone. never had the real deal, but obsessed with things that i can't get. will see how the clone tastes. brewing with my son who goes back to college this weekend. will share finished product during spring break.

You mash in yet???

4 hours ago, Creeps McLane said:

You mash in yet???

yes, i mashed about 10am this morning. went well. didn't hit my OG #'s. came in a bit lower than i wanted. this recipe called for hop stand at flame out. cooled to 180 deg and whirlpooled for 20 minutes. i think i messed up in beersmith with boil time. changed it at last minute from 60 to 90 min boil. realized i had overlooked that. don't think BS adjusted. not sure. oh well. i made beer! smelled great.

also bottled up my 2nd round of Black Moon Rising. recipe using MRB Winter Dark Ale. put it in 740ml PET bottles. put it away and will crack one in about 3 or 4 months.