Mr.Beer Community
MrWhy

Upcoming Brewing Schedule

Tomorrow it will be 14 days without power - most of the snow is gone, but not all.  I'm supposed to crash my next batch tomorrow - thankfully it's still in the mid to low 30's outside so I'll just set the lbk in the snow patch, cover it with a towel and let it crash.  Bottling is easily done with melted snow water and takes no power so  I don't even need to run the generator.  On Wednesday it's back to the camp stove as I attempt my clone of Santiam Brewing's Pirate Stout.  I have all the necessary ingredients save the English Admiral hops and those I may need to substitute with the 'mystery' hops already on hand.  The brewing goes on (as does the delightful consumption of some of the earlier efforts!).  😋

1 hour ago, McSquirrely said:

Tomorrow it will be 14 days without power - most of the snow is gone, but not all.  I'm supposed to crash my next batch tomorrow - thankfully it's still in the mid to low 30's outside so I'll just set the lbk in the snow patch, cover it with a towel and let it crash.  Bottling is easily done with melted snow water and takes no power so  I don't even need to run the generator.  On Wednesday it's back to the camp stove as I attempt my clone of Santiam Brewing's Pirate Stout.  I have all the necessary ingredients save the English Admiral hops and those I may need to substitute with the 'mystery' hops already on hand.  The brewing goes on (as does the delightful consumption of some of the earlier efforts!).  😋

you-improvise-adapt-overcome.jpg&f=1

1 hour ago, McSquirrely said:

Where are you? At the Amundsen-Scott Research facility in Antartica? 

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 8:11 PM, Creeps McLane said:

Where are you? At the Amundsen-Scott Research facility in Antartica? 

Coastal Mts of Western Oregon.  Our snow, when we get it, is full of water - blue snow they call it.  Very, very heavy.  It took down power lines in three surrounding counties and where we live is just about at the very tip end of the power grid.  Only two houses past ours for the next 40+ miles with power.  This beats a record long standing.  Day 16 and counting....