Mr.Beer Community
Hoppytobrew

Home Grown Beer Labels

1 hour ago, K5WX said:

Still working on these labels.  Left to right:  Powerful Patriot Ale, Baltic Porter, Sir Kenneth Blonde, and 1776 Ale.  

Not as sharp as Hoppytobrew's nice Alamo label.  Good job!

Texas Independence Day is coming up next week (March 2nd).  Big celebration day for us Texans....

DSCN2835.thumb.jpg.5bd1dafbd4f995c1ead39

I like them! How did you do the caps? I never thought of doing a cap design.

13 hours ago, Hoppytobrew said:

I'd like to see some of the creative beer labels you've all come up with. Since the fall of the Alamo was March 6, 1836, and since I'm from Texas, I came up with an "Alamo Commemorative Label" for my Aztec Mexican Cerveza which will be bottled on or around March 6th.

IMG_9175 copy.jpg

Very nice label but wow that's got to be a lot of work with all the cutting of the detail in the neck ring and curved top.

50 minutes ago, brybry said:

Very nice label but wow that's got to be a lot of work with all the cutting of the detail in the neck ring and curved top.

I am a widower with children/grandchildren that all live out of state so I have time on my hands and I don't necessarily put a label on every bottle, just the ones that I will share with family and friends. It makes it look more professionally done which impresses them.

22 hours ago, Bighead beer said:

Call me cheap,but this is quick and easy and I don't have to scub lables off my bottles, just finished washing 5 cases of bottles with lables on them, it took hrs not doing that again anytime soon lol

IMG_20160229_182951.jpg

That works too!

i bought some labels online - I think I won't repeat that.  They have a glue that is touch and go to get off...  and the use of my ink jet printer results in the labels running when wet.  The cost of the labels is not worth it in the end.  I believe I'll give @RickBeer's method a go, and print on paper, then glue stick the labels.  I can still get some decent design aspects that way, with easier removal.  We'll see how the process of gluing and cutting goes...   

for the design, I used beerlabelizer.com - handful of premade labels that I make, download and print.  $5 gave me access to all of them, and it'll last for the first few dozen times, then i'll have to (want to) expand options.  

here are a couple examples:  

AB milk stout.jpeg

Nilla Porter.jpeg

Barleys chocolate orange stout.jpeg

Baltic porter.jpeg

14 minutes ago, cowboykyle said:

i bought some labels online - I think I won't repeat that.  They have a glue that is touch and go to get off...  and the use of my ink jet printer results in the labels running when wet.  The cost of the labels is not worth it in the end.  I believe I'll give @RickBeer's method a go, and print on paper, then glue stick the labels.  I can still get some decent design aspects that way, with easier removal.  We'll see how the process of gluing and cutting goes...   

for the design, I used beerlabelizer.com - handful of premade labels that I make, download and print.  $5 gave me access to all of them, and it'll last for the first few dozen times, then i'll have to (want to) expand options.  

here are a couple examples:  

I'm lucky I can print my designs on a laser printer at work, on plain paper, that way the ink doesn't run when wet. You could probably do the same at a local Staples or Office Max for less than a buck a sheet.

And then I use a kids glue stick to affix them. It won't hold up to soaking the beers in a bucket of ice water but hey do clean off real nice with just a quick soak in warm water.

Now I need to check out that beerlabelizer for the designs.

2 minutes ago, brybry said:

I'm lucky I can print my designs on a laser printer at work, on plain paper, that way the ink doesn't run when wet.

yeah, the only color printers are work are ink... laser printers are all B&W.  ce la vie... 

this is the pic I'm gonna use for the dads favorite cream ale recipe... I think its perfect...:D.. printing them up now but the file wont load up here but ya'll get the jist of it...Might even be a whiskey bottle but when printed on label no one will know

dadsale5.jpg

10 minutes ago, Stroomer420 said:

this is the pic I'm gonna use for the dads favorite cream ale recipe... I think its perfect...:D.. printing them up now but the file wont load up here but ya'll get the jist of it...Might even be a whiskey bottle but when printed on label no one will know

dadsale5.jpg

This one will be GREAT! You've picked the perfect beer for that label too. :)

my first attempt beer labels really sucks, but I didn't have a printer, so I went in my back yard, pulled up some colorful flowers to grind down to make my ink, cut down a ten year old tree that had sum bad branches and with sum hard work made me some sheets of paper out of it, picked most the brush hairs out of an old paint brush and hand painted these labels! Whew! and I was able to do all that in one day!!!gallery_65635_31_1378848.jpg