Mr.Beer Community
Hoppytobrew

Home Grown Beer Labels

44 minutes ago, HoppySmile! said:

my first attempt beer labels really sucks, but I didn't have a printer, so I went in my back yard, pulled up some colorful flowers to grind down to make my ink, cut down a ten year old tree that had sum bad branches and with sum hard work made me some sheets of paper out of it, picked most the brush hairs out of an old paint brush and hand painted these labels! Whew! and I was able to do all that in one day!!!gallery_65635_31_1378848.jpg

LOL! And you must'ave been smoking something along with those brews you were drinking! Love it!

i've been useing labels i got from staples AVERY i believe the name is and i think the product number was 22827.. bout 17 bucks or so and you get like 34 but they're removable and reuseable and for now ive just been stealing pics online and withe the avery online program just import it tweak it print,, i love the making beer part but coming up with groovy labels is also fun for me... just made a pumpkin beer on sat now teaking with the labels....

Anyone try these yet? Looks like they last for quite awhile if you don't need to change the label. There's a how-to video in the link. You can use regular paper and any kind of printer. Because of that you could just make a master sheet and use a copier for quantity. Will stand up to cooler ice and washing. At $10 for 70 they're worth it if you are going to reuse the bottle for the same brew.

450x450x41499-fastlabel-12oz-labels-1000 

But wait! There's more! 

When it comes time to remove them, it's easy. No scrubbing or soaking. They make 3 sizes.

I am not affiliated with them in any way.

http://www.fastbrewing.com/products/fastlabel

This thread got the juices flowing. I opened up an old program I haven't messed with in years and had to relearn it. Still a work in progress, but here's my draft for the Belgian Blanc. The moon is a photo I took when the Super Moon was here last fall.

Moon%20label_1.jpg

44 minutes ago, Stroomer420 said:

that is awesome......... making me have to get more creative lol

It was your labels that inspired me!

If you want to get into it without spending a ton of money, get a copy of Print Shop. Doesn't have to be the expensive one. There are all kinds of borders, backgrounds, and whatnot you can use. Also some decent photo editing software. I want to get it, I am using a knock off from someone else. Works ok, but photo editing stinks. it took forever to crop the moon and orange slice.

those are really cool looking, reminding me i gotta watch black sails lol   .._., i'm still trying to come up with one for my honey orange ale i'm bottling on saturday ,,..I'm definitely gonna try those fast labels ,,looks pretty simple definitely worth trying  ._

10 hours ago, Stroomer420 said:

those are really cool looking, reminding me i gotta watch black sails lol   .._., i'm still trying to come up with one for my honey orange ale i'm bottling on saturday ,,..I'm definitely gonna try those fast labels ,,looks pretty simple definitely worth trying  ._

When I think honey I think bees, bears, flowers, honeycomb, beehive, a honeypot, Winnie the Pooh. When I think Orange I think...well...orange. Oranges, orange slice, orange wedge, orange tree. So, when you say a honey-orange ale, I see in my head an upset Winnie the Pooh with an empty 'Hunny' pot and a bunch of oranges. Here's a start, probably better ones out there if you dig a bit.

angrypoohjar.png 

On March 26, 2016 at 10:35 AM, Neverbrewedadarnthing said:

Anyone try these yet? Looks like they last for quite awhile if you don't need to change the label. There's a how-to video in the link. You can use regular paper and any kind of printer. Because of that you could just make a master sheet and use a copier for quantity. Will stand up to cooler ice and washing. At $10 for 70 they're worth it if you are going to reuse the bottle for the same brew.

450x450x41499-fastlabel-12oz-labels-1000 

But wait! There's more! 

When it comes time to remove them, it's easy. No scrubbing or soaking. They make 3 sizes.

I am not affiliated with them in any way.

http://www.fastbrewing.com/products/fastlabel

i cant find these anywhere near me or online,,,bummed wanted to try em..