Mr.Beer Community
Hoppytobrew

Home Grown Beer Labels

9 minutes ago, Stroomer420 said:

yea that was straight up wanted to see how it was on its own... Made it again using the pumpkin rising recipe with a few tweaks.... And tasted yesterday it tasted just like pumpkin pie,,bottle that one next week...

Sounds good. Most of the pumpkin beers I've tried start OK, but you're desensitized to the pumpkin halfway though the bottle and then it's just weird (or bad) beer. Let me know how well the bottle finishes.

I added the pumpkin after a week baked it in the oven to caramelize the pumpkin but instead of spreading it out i did it in small half dollar or so size then I added it in a muslin sack oh and before I baked it I mixed a little pumpkin pie spice.-let ya know in about six weeks...

WP_20160326_001.jpg

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 10:35 AM, Neverbrewedadarnthing said:

Anyone try these yet? Looks like they last for quite awhile if you don't need to change the label. There's a how-to video in the link. You can use regular paper and any kind of printer. Because of that you could just make a master sheet and use a copier for quantity. Will stand up to cooler ice and washing. At $10 for 70 they're worth it if you are going to reuse the bottle for the same brew.

450x450x41499-fastlabel-12oz-labels-1000 

But wait! There's more! 

When it comes time to remove them, it's easy. No scrubbing or soaking. They make 3 sizes.

I am not affiliated with them in any way.

http://www.fastbrewing.com/products/fastlabel

I just ordered these,, will let ya'll no how they work ,,thanx again for the links

Yeah, I used to have a color printer, the printers are cheap but the ink is expensive and does not last that long if it prints black using colored ink. If you can get one that uses black ink for black maybe that is better, but it annoyed me that all web pages seem to have some color onthem wasting my expensive color ink - lol. So I got a Laser all-in-one, print/color scan/copy/fax for $150 and the cartridge last all year. Very happy with it. Also all-in-one cuts down on real-estate and wiring.

6 hours ago, Nickfixit said:

Those are nice labels. Maybe I have to get me a color printer. I have been holding off since we don't print color much.

Save your ink. Put your design on thumb drive as a JPEG and take it to one of the office print places, like a Fed-ex store. They will print them out for you on whatever paper you like. The more you get on a single sheet the less it costs. 

On 3/30/2016 at 7:16 AM, Neverbrewedadarnthing said:

When I think honey I think bees, bears, flowers, honeycomb, beehive, a honeypot, Winnie the Pooh. When I think Orange I think...well...orange. Oranges, orange slice, orange wedge, orange tree. So, when you say a honey-orange ale, I see in my head an upset Winnie the Pooh with an empty 'Hunny' pot and a bunch of oranges. Here's a start, probably better ones out there if you dig a bit.

angrypoohjar.png 

I brewed my own recipe with an 8.0 ABV and I called it "Rabid Bee Nectar." On both sides of the label I placed an angry looking bee. I will have to post a picture of it soon. I've not tasted it yet because I'm allowing it to condition for at least eight weeks. I get most of my graphics off of a public domain clip art site.