Mr.Beer Community
Hoppytobrew

Home Grown Beer Labels

23 minutes ago, Hoppytobrew said:

I brewed my own recipe with an 8.0 ABV and I called it "Rabid Bee Nectar." On both sides of the label I placed an angry looking bee. I will have to post a picture of it soon. I've not tasted it yet because I'm allowing it to condition for at least eight weeks. I get most of my graphics off of a public domain clip art site.

Searching for specific pictures or an idea can be a pain. So many of the pics are watermarked these days it can be tough to get what you're looking for. 

13 minutes ago, Stroomer420 said:

yea that's where I've been getting most of my life as well,, gonna get me a cheap(if possible) PhotoShop program, then can have some real fun with these label...

in the For What it's Worth department. SWMBO just pulled up office and used the label maker. Not that I put labels on but I could if I wanted to. However it does have limitations, i.e. can't do the neckless thing, or at least we haven't figured out how. 

31 minutes ago, Neverbrewedadarnthing said:

Searching for specific pictures or an idea can be a pain. So many of the pics are watermarked these days it can be tough to get what you're looking for. 

that's when I remembered paint program.. on my roses red label it was water marked and I zoomed in and matched the colors where the water mark was to blend it away pixel by pixel.... yes pain in the ass but what else do I have to do anyways its part of the hobby for me.. lol

Here's a new one using a public domain stock photo from the web. This is probably going on my apple cider. Tried a couple of names like Bad Teacher and Teacher's Pet, but I liked the Van Halen reference. I had to download a couple of chalk style fonts. Kind of neat, there are a ton of them out there for free home use.

Hot%20for%20Teacher.jpg

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 9:06 PM, Stroomer420 said:

but what else do I have to do anyways its part of the hobby for me.. lol

Exactly! Screwing with labels is keeping me busy while I wait incessantly for this stupid beer. It'd help if it'd STOP FREAKING SNOWING so I can get outside.

1 hour ago, Neverbrewedadarnthing said:

Here's a new one using a public domain stock photo from the web. This is probably going on my apple cider. Tried a couple of names like Bad Teacher and Teacher's Pet, but I liked the Van Halen reference. I had to download a couple of chalk style fonts. Kind of neat, there are a ton of them out there for free home use.

Hot%20for%20Teacher.jpg

As a teacher... I approve.  Haha... Here's another possibility.

diaz.jpg