Mr.Beer Community
HoppySmile!

Bavarian Weissbier

ok I've sent this to a half dozen people, and getting tired typing with my stupid way of typing, one finger, so I was on Ebay early this morning, looking at Mr. Beer products and Target is selling Bavarian Weissbier for $5.68/ can plus $4.00 shipping, and tax. I bought 4 cans for under $25.00, got free shipping, I guess if u order more than two it might be free?, and tax was under 2 bucks! Limited Quantities, for all of you who haven't paid their taxes yet, like me, I jumped on this one!!!

Update:  Just re-read HoppySmile! post and went to the Target site on eBay and nabbed 3 of them with free shipping. :)

Wow, indeed!!  But I just tried to buy 3 of them and have them shipped free to a nearby Target...and after using PayPal to pay, Target.com came back and said:

• "We're sorry, but an item in your cart was removed because it is not available for purchase at this time."

Not sure if it was asking for free shipping that did me in...or if they ran out already.....

Edited by K5WX
update

yea it didn't say how many were left, that sucked, and no telling who all jumped to the opportunity? but I believe the free shipping is to be shipped to a residential address, I can't remember all the info, but it does specify the free shipping in the highlighted 'details' next to shipping. you may look at that part. 

May as well start talking about recipe ideas. I bought 5, either going to see if I can get one more or supplement with some grains. I was thinking about a 5 gallon batch using two HMEs and some grain to recreate a blue moon. Just not sure what grains to use. Pilsner, a German pale ale, or just some flaked oats / wheat. 

I think 1 can I'll brew as directed since I've never made this one before. The Belgian blanc recipe looks really good too. 

Just to clarify, Weiss means white and weiz means wheat. So I should stay away from wheat beer recipes? Or can I still make them into a wheat beer? Never made anything German yet. Again this goes back to what grains I can use with these. Or breiss makes a Bavarian wheat extract or a Pilsner. Not sure what a Munich is either.

well i'm really happy everyone was able to benefit from this wonderful beer miracle! a co worker of mine whom I got him into the Mr. Beer addichun, he's been wanting to do a wheat beer so I think i'll sell him a cple of cans, ive already got two in the beer shelf, so like with Creeps, I may do a partial mash of 5 gallons, just curious of the grains to use?

14 minutes ago, Nickfixit said:

I got 5 too.

I could not get them delivered to local store so had to get 5 for free shipping. 4 did not do it.

I will have wheat beer coming out of my ears. I already have 2 Dunklewiezen fermenting and a Blanc aging.

Ditto!  2 Dunkels going as well.  Probably going to do a Belgian Blanc w/one Bavarian, but not sure about the rest.

10 hours ago, Nickfixit said:

I got 5 too.

I could not get them delivered to local store so had to get 5 for free shipping. 4 did not do it.

I will have wheat beer coming out of my ears. I already have 2 Dunklewiezen fermenting and a Blanc aging.

I ordered 5 cans yesterday morning when I saw Hoppy's post.  before I even replied... same situation here, ordering 4 was >$40, whereas 5 cans meant free shipping, thus about $31 with tax.  $5.68 a can.  wow... just hope they don't have expirations of like 2014....  I got a tracking number yesterday afternoon, but it hasn't yet been received by UPS.  

This will be great, i'll get at least two of the Barley Strawberry basil recipes going, probably a belgian blanc (go hallertau!)  and then some experiments.  Spring will be great!  

1 hour ago, cowboykyle said:

... just hope they don't have expirations of like 2014....  

If they do call customer service and complain that they sold you expired product, maybe they give you a refund?

On a similar note around christmas time I found some American Lager refills on sale at the local K-Mart and when I was paying for them was asked if I'd like the replacement coverage for them. I was tempted . . .

Mine show shipped on the site, but no email yet.  Probably tonight. 1 can by itself in a package, 5 in the other package.

Wonder how many they would have sold, without having to resort to clearance, if they spelled it right...

Wiessenbier.JPG

Target's web business continues to underperform, much of it due to their sloppiness.

Mr Beer Blue Moon Clone

Recipe   Mr Beer Blue Moon Clone   Style   Witbier
Brewer       Batch   5.00 gal
Partial Mash

Recipe Characteristics

Recipe Gravity   1.055 OG   Estimated FG   1.014 FG
Recipe Bitterness   15 IBU   Alcohol by Volume   5.3%
Recipe Color   4° SRM   Alcohol by Weight   4.2%

Ingredients

Quantity   Grain   Type   Use
1.00 lb   Flaked Oats [Briess] - Body, mouthfeel and head retention   Adjunct   Mashed
3.00 lb   Two-row (US)   Grain   Mashed
3.74 lb   Mr. Beer/Coopers Bavarian Weissbier   Extract   Extract
1.00 lb   Wheat (US)   Grain   Mashed
Quantity   Hop   Type   Time
2.00 oz   Mr. Beer Bavarian Weissbier   Pellet   5 minutes
Quantity   Misc   Notes
1.00 unit   Orange Peel, Sweet   Spice   3 oz, 10 minutes before flameout
1.00 unit   Coriander   Spice   1.5 tsp, 10 minutes before flameout

Recipe Notes

Batch Notes

Safale US-05