Mr.Beer Community
foxdiva9

New Gal On the Block and 2 Easy Questions

Hello! I'm Foxdiva9. I'm new to beer making, but not brewing. I received the Mr. Beer Starter Kit a few days ago and started my first batch last night. I'm counting down the days until it's time for stage 2. I've brewed Mead before for about 3 years before I moved in a 5 gal set up. (That set up was not going to work in an apartment sadly) This was awhile ago, but I was successful!! So I have high hopes to recreate some magic here.

This leads into two questions:

1.After I successfully get a grip on the Classic American brew I'd like to move into Imperial Stouts. My partner loves Russian IPAs and I would love to make her one. Anyone done this and what Recipe would be used?

2.Can I use this small thing to brew mead? I don't think so, since it's a 2 bucket process, but I am wondering if I ordered another one if I could possibly run it that way? Anyone done that?

Thanks! I'm counting down the days till stage 2 of my first batch. 

10 minutes ago, foxdiva9 said:

@AnthonyC Dude. I meant Russian Imperial Stout. It's 5 PM Somewhere and I was already on my IPA. Thanks for calling me out on that.

Haha...  Nah, I wasn't calling you out.  I actually was curious about whether or not it was a real thing.  I even Googled it!  Russian Imperial Stouts are a BIG TIME favorite of mine too!  Ever try Goose Island Bourbon County Stout?  I've made it my personal goal in life to clone that stuff!!

@AnthonyC I do like some stouts. My girlfriend is very sad that her favorite is discontinuted. Balicorn Unidragon from Clown Shoes. If I could recreate that for her I would be best girlfriend ever award. 

@scouterbill I'll try that. Still learning my way around the site. And OMG your picture of the "out of beer cat" is so very true. My Boss recreated that with his cat and its the page not found defualt on our server at work.

20 hours ago, AnthonyC said:

Haha...  Nah, I wasn't calling you out.  I actually was curious about whether or not it was a real thing.  I even Googled it!  Russian Imperial Stouts are a BIG TIME favorite of mine too!  Ever try Goose Island Bourbon County Stout?  I've made it my personal goal in life to clone that stuff!!

I have a vanilla imperial stout that's been sitting in a bourbon barrel for about a month now. Every time I walk past it I think "Now?" Patience has won out so far...

47 minutes ago, efdbrian said:

I have a vanilla imperial stout that's been sitting in a bourbon barrel for about a month now. Every time I walk past it I think "Now?" Patience has won out so far...

Man, that sounds great as well!!!