Mr.Beer Community
wiggscory

first batch. need advice

Hopefully everything else went well. As Tim said, remove them from the fridge and let them condition at room temperature for 4 weeks. Two weeks conditioning. may not be enough. If you used plastic bottles, in a few days they should carbonate and firm up. 

4 hours ago, wiggscory said:

I bottled my first batch. I then put the bottles in the fridge to carbonate. Clearly, i misread the instructions. My question: can i take the beer out of the fridge to carbonate or should i just wait the 50 years it seems like it will take to finish.

You messed up! The only thing you can do is box up those bottles of beer and send them to me and start another batch. I'll be glad to drink (oops) I mean dispose of those beers for you. Congrats on your first batch my friend.

6 hours ago, wiggscory said:

I bottled my first batch. I then put the bottles in the fridge to carbonate. Clearly, i misread the instructions. My question: can i take the beer out of the fridge to carbonate or should i just wait the 50 years it seems like it will take to finish.

It may seem like 50 years at first, but trust us, 4 weeks of conditioning is well worth the wait.