Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bonsai & Brew

Upgraded Hop Sacks?

7 posts in this topic

I really like the larger size hop sacks that I received yesterday from Mr. Beer -- much more accommodating when steepng 8-10 oz. of grains!  Plus, if using them for hops you can get 2-for-1s by cutting them in half!  It's these little things in life that just make everything a little better... :)

Big Sarge likes this

I do the same with the hop sacs I get.

You can get even more space out of them it you  tie the end with string rather than knotting the bag material. (I use white cotton string)

You also can use that string as a way to pull the bag out :-) .

Big Sarge and Bonsai & Brew like this

I love that the bags are now big enough to accommodate the grains, instead of trying to pack 8 oz. into a baseball-sized lump. I'm actually hoping to get 3 or 4 hop sacks out of one! It definitely beats using my old gym socks! :blink:

Bonsai & Brew and D Kristof like this

These new hop sacks are less binding, more conformable, and allow my boys room to breathe!!   

Thank you Mr. Beer for making a product that suits my everyday needs!  

*You had to expect this, right? :):)

Bonsai & Brew and Big Sarge like this

Yes, yes, yes!  I am VERY immature, but when Sarge said, "I love that the bags are now big enough to accommodate the grains..." I had to laugh!  Sorry Sarge.  Dropping and giving you 20 as you read this. ;)

Big Sarge likes this

13 minutes ago, AnthonyC said:

These new hop sacks are less binding, more conformable, and allow my boys room to breathe!!   

Thank you Mr. Beer for making a product that suits my everyday needs!  

*You had to expect this, right? :):)

I have to admit that when I started this topic, I tried to come up with an innocuous title that would not devolve into a bawdy, beer-brewing free-for-all.  I failed miserably! :lol:

D Kristof and AnthonyC like this

4 minutes ago, Bonsai & Brew said:

I have to admit that when I started this topic, I tried to come up with an innocuous title that would not devolve into a bawdy, beer-brewing free-for-all.  I failed miserably! :lol:

That's b/c you left out the Beer Squirrel factor.  Haha...  yes, I can see how that would be a problem though. :)

Bonsai & Brew likes this