Mr.Beer Community

22 minutes ago, Nickfixit said:

People grow fig plants in NY even (by burying them) so Hops should be OK if you just much them up really high.

That's so true!  My parents have 2 fig trees on their deck in pots.  In the winter all they do is wrap them.  

I just wish I had a better plan of the hop thing! early in my inexperienced drive for being a brew guru, growing hops was my second goal. the first year not much happened, besides the loss of the other plants, but for 1.99 each it was worth the gamble. now the mt. hood hop "last hop standing" is getting less sunlight bcuz ayhole neighbor won't let me prune down all his weeds so I can get more sun. after this year is spent, this fall i'll transplant it to a better suited environment and see if I can revive the "hood" again!

3 minutes ago, HoppySmile! said:

I just wish I had a better plan of the hop thing! early in my inexperienced drive for being a brew guru, growing hops was my second goal. the first year not much happened, besides the loss of the other plants, but for 1.99 each it was worth the gamble. now the mt. hood hop "last hop standing" is getting less sunlight bcuz ayhole neighbor won't let me prune down all his weeds so I can get more sun. after this year is spent, this fall i'll transplant it to a better suited environment and see if I can revive the "hood" again!

Maybe a win-win. Neighbor lets you grow hop plants climbing up his weeds for a beer or 2?

Hops are very versatile, that is, they tolerate a wide range of climates. A buddy, who no longer brews his own beer, has had hops growing in partial shade, ignores them during dry spells, and they continue to grow and grow. Not sure of the variety.

19 hours ago, Nickfixit said:

Maybe a win-win. Neighbor lets you grow hop plants climbing up his weeds for a beer or 2?

unfortunately, ive never had even talked to the guy, almost my whole neighborhood avoids each other! I consider myself a pretty friendly person especially after a few brews! but when my neighbors see me with a beer mug in my hand, they turn around and go back into their homes??? y on earth would someone do that??? what did I do to deserve such a thing? maybe I dnt remember

2 hours ago, HoppySmile! said:

unfortunately, ive never had even talked to the guy, almost my whole neighborhood avoids each other! I consider myself a pretty friendly person especially after a few brews! but when my neighbors see me with a beer mug in my hand, they turn around and go back into their homes??? y on earth would someone do that??? what did I do to deserve such a thing? maybe I dnt remember

Possibilities:

1) Try a different deoderant?

2) Wear clothing without vomit on it?

3) Wait until the impression from the object you fell asleep against is not on your face?

4) Avoid public drooling, and zip your pants?

7 hours ago, Creeps McLane said:

I guess when youve been on the forum long enough you remember certain things. This was easier to find than one would expect. #rickbeersface @RickBeer 

He's like Wilson from Home Improvement, except there's always a beer instead of a fence! :lol: