Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
TacTicToe

Bavarian Weissbeir Issue?

So not sure if this is an issue or not. Bottled a batch of Bavarian Weissbeir tonight. Fermented for 2 weeks. Cold crashed for 3 days. Did it in the clear LBK I got for cider. Was very clear sitting on my counter. When I do my bottling, I bottle straight from the LBK, let it trickle down the side to fill the bottle. This beer seemed to be fully carbonated right from the LBK. By the time my first bottle was 2/3 full, there was a full head of foam spewing from the top. Next bottle I filled the same way, only slower, got it filled more but still a full head of foam spewing from the top. I was forced to sanitize and use my bottling wand. This worked better, I was able to get my bottles filled, but they still had a head of foam on them. 

Now I always sanitize with Star-san, which yeah it is foamy. I have always used it and never had this issue. There wasnt enough to fill a 23rd bottle, so I just put the last in a glass and back in the fridge for a bit. Will drink it later. 

Now here is my concern. Did I do something wrong to cause this? Followed the recipe posted here as always. Should I be concerned I just created a case of beer bombs? 

had the same happen to me on my batic porter, foamed up during bottling, first time doing that, but a month later it tastes great! I let it ferment 4 weeks in the LBK, and cold crash for 3 days, this time around I might have allowed some of the trub at the bottom slosh around sum during transfer from the cooler to my fridge, and maybe during cold crash period the trub settled over the opening of the spigot. I observed that when the bottling process was nearing the end before tilting the LBK to get the remainder out. possibly the trub/beer react to the corn sugar??? either way, it conditioned fine.