Mr.Beer Community
MRB Josh R

Introducing the Kegaroo!!

co2-system-assembled-ships-free.jpg

Tired of bottling? I don't blame you! Put those bottles down because we now have our very own kegging system available! This 2.5 gallon keg and 5lb Co2 tank (comes already filled*) are perfect for your home kegerator or jockey box (these are also coming soon). You don't need a kegerator, though, as these come with their own taps and should fit in any regular size fridge.

These ship free!!! Get yours today HERE!

Cheers! :D

*Once your Co2 tank is empty, you should be able to get it filled/exchanged at any place that dispenses Co2 (homebrew shops, welding supply, etc). 

On 10/1/2016 at 1:20 PM, Bach's Brews said:

Think we'll ever be able to buy just the keg and hookups? I don't need another co2 canister. All in all, super excited!

Yes, all parts will be available soon. We're still working on getting them item numbers and building the website pages. Keep checking back!

I suggest you stop defiantly wanting it as SWMBO won't take kindly to your attitude.  If you definitely want it, then approach it either from a different perspective or acquire it when SWMBO isn't looking...

Do you think they'd design and sell this if it did not hold the LBK contents?  LBK makes 2.13 gallons with Mr. Beer recipes (you can brew 2.5 gallons in it if you want), and this is for 2.5 gallons, so yes, it will work just fine.

Hmmm interesting. My brew of choice currently is Voodoo. Actually my friends love it too. However it takes a few months to age which is why I bottle condition. I am usually hitting 8.5-9% ABV, so time in a bottle is not my enemy. From what I have read, you can cellar a beer like that for 5 years or more. Is there any advantage to kegging something like Voodoo? I mean it is great not having to bottle, but if I have to wait 2-3 months to drink anyhow, is it really worth the price tag to start kegging? Also, this means it is impossible to just share some bottles of brew with your friends. They would  have to come over and hang out, which would probably end up making my wife very unhappy. 

As much as I would like to take this next step, I am having a difficult time seeing the upside here. Draft beer is great, but now there is all the additional cleaning of a keg and lines involved. Buying/refilling an empty CO2 canister. Is it really worth it?

You can absolutely take beer to your friends if you keg. Just fill a growler or 2 (or 3). You can also bottle from a keg using a counter-pressure bottle filler, which you can get from $20-$70 online (we may be carrying them soon). This will bottle your beer from the keg under pressure so you can store it longer, which is something you can't do with a growler.

I pretty much keg everything these days. My Lock, Stock, and Barrel Imperial stout has been sitting in the keg since June. I will bottle it from the keg with a counter-pressure bottle filler this week and give it out to the employees at our annual MRB holiday party in December.

Pretty much the best thing about kegging is you can bottle at your leisure with a counter flow like josh says.  

Imagine this scenario... bottling day is upon you, friday night you have plans so you push bottling until saturday. Well, Saturday rolls around and driveway drinks with the neighbors goes a bit long. No worrys, your keg is clean. Slosh some sanitizer in there and siphon your fresh batch now and bottle when you have time. 

Oh, and you can drink straight from the bottle because you have no sediment. 

$250 or whatever it costs may seem steep. But a used keg, used CO2 tank plus regulator plus pressure testing and filling tank plus hoses adds up really quickly.

14 hours ago, Creeps McLane said:

Pretty much the best thing about kegging is you can bottle at your leisure with a counter flow like josh says.  

Imagine this scenario... bottling day is upon you, friday night you have plans so you push bottling until saturday. Well, Saturday rolls around and driveway drinks with the neighbors goes a bit long. No worrys, your keg is clean. Slosh some sanitizer in there and siphon your fresh batch now and bottle when you have time. 

Oh, and you can drink straight from the bottle because you have no sediment. 

$250 or whatever it costs may seem steep. But a used keg, used CO2 tank plus regulator plus pressure testing and filling tank plus hoses adds up really quickly.

I would also like to point out that these are very high quality Italian kegs that are welded by laser under inert gas. They have no seams or spaces where bacteria can grow. They are much higher quality than the more common Chinese kegs that many of our competitors sell. So, yeah, they may cost a little more, but they are the best quality kegs on the market, and if you take care of them, they will last for many years. 

Well that kind of answers my question, it still has to spend X amount of time in the keg aging. Guess I was hoping it would be more of a short cut to enjoying some brews like Voodoo, Novacaine or the LSB sooner. Oh well, something to think about. I still like to keep my basic brews around and this would definitely get me drinking sooner rather than later. 

2.5-c02-tank_assembled_lw_.jpg

Hey guys! We've introduced a new, CHEAPER Kegaroo 2.5 system. We've cut the cost and size by including a 2.5 lb Co2 tank instead of the 5 lb tank. Keep in mind that this tank comes EMPTY so you will need to have it filled at your local Co2 supplier (Airgas, Praxis, LHBS, etc.).

Get yours HERE for ONLY $199.95, shipping included!! The tanks can also be purchased separately HERE.