Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
HoppySmile!

You can never have too much yeast.....

5 hours ago, HoppySmile! said:

did you know men get yeast infections?? maybe i'm the only man to have gotten it??? it's not on the lower end of the body, but on the top end, in your scalp, that's why I wear a wig now, I just can't bare to go thru that experience again!!!

So you just have to grin and bare it.

Serioualy though that is a LOT of yeast pictured. Will you ever use It before it dies?

all that yeast? best get to brewing. make sure you store them in your fridge.

hoppy , candida can thrive anywhere on the body that has sweat , heat and a place to hide. you can get it internally too.  I think it is candida albicans. I have found that coconut oil applied to a persistent candida infection daily wipes it out. it not only chokes its air supply (singing ' I'm all out of love, I'm so lost without you / I know you were right believing for so long ')  it actively kills it for some reason. coconut oil is antifungal, a little anti bacterial too.

16 hours ago, HoppySmile! said:

did you know men get yeast infections?? maybe i'm the only man to have gotten it??? it's not on the lower end of the body, but on the top end, in your scalp, that's why I wear a wig now, I just can't bare to go thru that experience again!!!

From what you're describing Hoppy, I think you should rename this thread "You Can Never Have Too Much Antibiotics!"  ;)

I used an endinbrgh white labs yeast a year old that turned out great in my Scottish ale I made with dble the peated malt grain. and just last week I baked a birthday cake for my dad using left over grains and extra yeast mixture of 3 year old safale 05, saflager 23, and worchestershire sauce, and he's still alive at 89!!!! just like Mr. Beer products best before date, I ingested 2 packets of 34/70 lager yeast best b4 I went on a date, and i'm still alive

3 hours ago, Bonsai & Brew said:

Have you seen Hoppy's garage?;)

image.jpeg

I wish..........I dnt even have garage, and now that my new roommate acquired my current beer supply/addiction storage room i'm climbing over stuff to get to other stuff that's in the way of my stuff! it's not that bad after you've had a few brewskies

i'll post my " can never have too many hops pics!!" as soon as I cultivate my "crop" from the under ground mt hood/mariGicomplicated cultivating peach enhanced prune juiced cardomon seed injected orange nectarine enticed tomato plum very small fart release drop

So I have a question/observation.

I found a weissbeir kit that is for 5 gallons, but the extract comes in two cans so it was easy to split into two LBK batches.

I used Fermentis WB-06 in one LBK, and WLP380 in the other to see if there would be any difference.

Both went crazy on the yeast foam, and really made a mess.

OG was 1.050 for both, but the WB-06 had a much lower FG. It was 1.000 or maybe 1.005 and the 380 was 1.017.

They both sat in the same temp for three weeks.

Is that normal?

OK, so what you are experiencing is the difference in "Attenuation" - the % conversion of sugar to alcohol.

Yes the difference in attenuation is indicated by the yeast specifications from the manufacturers.  Maybe not as much difference as below but it is in the right direction.

If you look online at the 2 yeasts you will see that they list different attenuation figures from the starting OG of  1.050

WB-06      lists - 86%      You got FG say 1.005   from calculator in link, --> Attenuation 90%

WLP-380  lists - 73-80% You got FG say 1.017   from calculator in link, --> Attenuation 65%

http://www.brewersfriend.com/abv-calculator/

So there will be some inaccuracy in measurement, but you can see the idea.