Mr.Beer Community
MiniYoda

MUG meeting

Anyone interested in a Mr. Beer Users' Group meeting next year?  I was thinking picking a city well known for brewing beer (St. Louis, Milwaukee, Denver, Tucson), and we could all get together for an extended weekend.  We would visit local breweries, brew/pubs, LHBS, etc.  Get together and drink a few local brews and exchange stories.  Perhaps late spring/early summer, but we would set a date well in advanced so that it doesn't conflict with brewing schedule (don't want to be out of town when it's bottling time).  If we are extra nice to the folks here, they might even give us an event t-shirt or create a recipe in our honor

If there is interest, let me know here or by PM when is best for you and what location you would like to go to.

We're in our third year of meetups on the other forum.  It's a good deal of fun.  I hosted in Nashville three years ago, and last year was Asheville.  Returning to Asheville again this year.  Both are great cities for this kind of thing.  

[sales pitch mode] If anyone decides to plan a meetup in Nashville, let me know and I may be able to set up some great beer tours.  Nashville is one of the fastest growing beer destinations, with some really top notch breweries.  Even since the meetup three years ago, so much is new in the brewing scene here.  I have been fortunate to build some great relationships at several breweries and beer sites in town.  We did private tours of Yazoo, Blackstone, and Czann's on our visit, as well as visits to Craft Brewed and a couple other places.  All were very great with their time and generosity, and Blackstone in particular was crazy in how accommodating they were.  We spent 20 minutes reviewing their computerized system and how the software works, got a detailed tour, drank their incredible barrel aged imperial stout straight from the barrel, and took home a case of beer each.  Kent was over the top in his hospitality.  Also...  it's Nashville...  Plenty of nighttime outings to be had. [/sales pitch mode]

I'm still on the fence about pursuing this, and if so, where.  Nashville is a good choice, and I'm also thinking St. Louis.  Both cities are somewhat middle of the country, so it shouldn't be too hard for people to get to them.  Also, since I live in Louisville, there's another option for people to fly in here, and I carpool with them to the city of choice.