MiniYoda

Where to hold the first MUG meeting

Where to hold the first MUG meeting   6 members have voted

1. 1. Where/when should the first MUG meeting be held

• St. Louis, May 7-8, St. Louis Microfest
    • Minneapolis, June 15-17, National Homebrewers Conference
    • Nashville, date and event to be determined
    • Somewhere else, post your location and reason here

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 posts in this topic

The more I hang out on this forum, the more I think we need to get together.  I'm going to propose a meeting.  Not necessarily a national MUG event, and I'm not about to break MUG into regions.  My thought and hope is that some of us can meet somewhere and enjoy a few brews and stories.

I've submitting three choices.  Two (Nashville and St. Louis) are somewhat central location to the USA.  The third, Minneapolis, was recommended by efdbrian since it is the location of the NHC www.homebrewcon.org  I've placed an option for "somewhere else" for further choices.  I can work with swenocha to determine a date/event in Nashville.  I know that not everyone can just hop on a plane and go anywhere anytime.  But my thinking is that if a site is centrally located, and the weekend coincides with a beer festival, and we schedule it during the summer time, more people can schedule time/save money to attend.

And if we set things up early enough, maybe the folks at Mr. Beer can send us t-shirts.

The floor is now open.

HoppySmile! likes this

Thought I'd perk this thread up again.  Quick note:

http://stlmicrofest.org/

The fest for St Louis is May 5/6, not May 7/8 like I posted above.  Also there is an East Nashville Beer Festival, April 8

https://www.everfest.com/e/east-nashville-beer-festival-nashville-tn

These are both relatively close to me, so if we don't get enough for an quasi-official MUG meeting, I'll just schedule to visit both places, and if anyone wants to show up, I'll meet y'alls there.

HoppySmile! likes this

in southern Afghanistan there is a poppy and ale festival where you get to bring your own AK-47. I dnt have an Ak-47, but I was thinking of attending. I use to make poppy seed muffins, so maybe I could take some and serve them with my new Talibanned Stout

dale hihn likes this

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 2:33 PM, MiniYoda said:

The more I hang out on this forum, the more I think we need to get together.  I'm going to propose a meeting.  Not necessarily a national MUG event, and I'm not about to break MUG into regions.  My thought and hope is that some of us can meet somewhere and enjoy a few brews and stories.

I've submitting three choices.  Two (Nashville and St. Louis) are somewhat central location to the USA.  The third, Minneapolis, was recommended by efdbrian since it is the location of the NHC www.homebrewcon.org  I've placed an option for "somewhere else" for further choices.  I can work with swenocha to determine a date/event in Nashville.  I know that not everyone can just hop on a plane and go anywhere anytime.  But my thinking is that if a site is centrally located, and the weekend coincides with a beer festival, and we schedule it during the summer time, more people can schedule time/save money to attend.

And if we set things up early enough, maybe the folks at Mr. Beer can send us t-shirts.

The floor is now open.

why can't we collaborate with the Mr.Beer Dudes, and have our own collabfrebication of our own? where all of us can plan accordingly, affordably, and dangit, this nude modelling app on the bottom right corner of the screen is distracting my true sense of consentrachun. anywho, lets all see if we can josh around these guys and have our own!!!!!>>>>????   Who's with me?????????..............................

1 hour ago, HoppySmile! said:

why can't we collaborate with the Mr.Beer Dudes, and have our own collabfrebication of our own? where all of us can plan accordingly, affordably, and dangit, this nude modelling app on the bottom right corner of the screen is distracting my true sense of consentrachun. anywho, lets all see if we can josh around these guys and have our own!!!!!>>>>????   Who's with me?????????..............................

I thought we settled on your place and your beer, Hops?!

HoppySmile! likes this

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 10:52 AM, AnthonyC said:

I thought we settled on your place and your beer, Hops?!

only if you haul your MIL with the deal!!!

18 hours ago, HoppySmile! said:

only if you haul your MIL with the deal!!!

Threw her in a box.... a VERY small box... she should be delivered to you by Thursday...  and another piece on Friday... and another piece on Saturday... and another....

HoppySmile! likes this

like pieces to a puzzle!!!

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 1:43 PM, AnthonyC said:

Threw her in a box.... a VERY small box... she should be delivered to you by Thursday...  and another piece on Friday... and another piece on Saturday... and another....

AnthonyC likes this