MRB Josh R

NEW HOPS!!!

38 posts in this topic

And before anyone asks, yes, we are still searching for the elusive Citra hop. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to acquire at this time.

I'm loving it @MRB Josh R, but you gotta give us forum faithful a heads up, especially after most of us took part in the weekend sale. 

I guess I'll still buy hops from you guys though...

:P

Just now, Big Sarge said:

I'm loving it @MRB Josh R, but you gotta give us forum faithful a heads up, especially after most of us took part in the weekend sale. 

I guess I'll still buy hops from you guys though...

:P

Unfortunately, we didn't get them up on the site until today. We packaged them here and shipped them to our WI warehouse so they wouldn't have been up in time for the sale anyway. But, as usual, we will have many more sales in the coming weeks. Stay tuned... ;)

Stroomer420 and Big Sarge like this

1 minute ago, MRB Josh R said:

Unfortunately, we didn't get them up on the site until today. We packaged them here and shipped them to our WI warehouse so they wouldn't have been up in time for the sale anyway. But, as usual, we will have many more sales in the coming weeks. Stay tuned... ;)

So, what you're saying is that I need to come visit you guys in Tucson to get ahead? I'm making that my mission to one day stop by; my mom lives in Tucson. Just make sure you don't lock the doors when you see me walking up. ;)

MRB Josh R likes this

By the way, one of our local breweries (Dragoon) does a beer called the "Unihopper IPA". It has a different hop in every batch. Their current batch has the Ekuanot hop in it, and is one of my favorites, so far. It's a very interesting hop strain. It starts off tropical and kind of piney, but then it finishes with this fresh green pepper flavor (almost like bell pepper). It was my first time trying that hop and I'm very excited to work with it in the future. I think it will compliment any chili beer well, too. But I'm thinking about maybe doing a saison with it. I haven't quite decided yet as it seems like it will be very versatile. 

creamz13 and Creeps McLane like this

7 minutes ago, MRB Josh R said:

Did I read this right?  You have a warehouse in Wisconsin?! Where in WI?  No wonder my shipments come quick! Haha!

1 minute ago, Bach's Brews said:

Did I read this right?  You have a warehouse in Wisconsin?! Where in WI?  No wonder my shipments come quick! Haha!

Yes, our main warehouse is in Racine, WI.

Bach's Brews likes this

42 minutes ago, MRB Josh R said:

, see what you started? lol

FINE THEN GUYS I GUESS I'LL JUST DO EVERYTHING MYSELF

Shrike likes this

1 hour ago, MRB Tim said:

I'll be happy to look for Enigma hops, everyone please feel free to tag me in any requests for other varieties.

Could you explain this more?   

Definition of enigma

1. 1:  an obscure speech or writing

2. 2:  something hard to understand or explain

3. 3:  an inscrutable or mysterious person

My experience has been SIMCOE is INTENSE pine.

Mandarina Bavaria is great in mandarin orange wheat, especially teamed with Amarillo which gave me an orange flavor to back it up.

Did not try the others.

Citra is intense grapefruit. 0.5 oz really livens up the CAL.

15 hours ago, Nickfixit said:

My experience has been SIMCOE is INTENSE pine.

Mandarina Bavaria is great in mandarin orange wheat, especially teamed with Amarillo which gave me an orange flavor to back it up.

Did not try the others.

Citra is intense grapefruit. 0.5 oz really livens up the CAL.

Simcoe is one of my favorite hops ever. It used to be fairly hard to get until recently. It's also a parent of Mosaic, which is a lot more popular these days. But I still love making my single malt, single hop AG IPA with just Simcoe and some Maris Otter. Simcoe and a Long Play IPA (or light malt extract if using unhopped extracts) is a suitable substitute if you don't all-grain brew.  Stay tuned for plenty of recipes using these and the rest of our new hops.

sabres032 and MiniYoda like this

36 minutes ago, MRB Josh R said:

Simcoe is one of my favorite hops ever. It used to be fairly hard to get until recently. It's also a parent of Mosaic, which is a lot more popular these days. But I still love making my single malt, single hop AG IPA with just Simcoe and some Maris Otter. Simcoe and a Long Play IPA (or light malt extract if using unhopped extracts) is a suitable substitute if you don't all-grain brew.  Stay tuned for plenty of recipes using these and the rest of our new hops.

The recipe spreadsheet/database and I are ready

Any chance of getting Jade and Galaxy.  These are quickly becoming two of my favorite.  I didn't realize that there were still issues with getting Citra.  I must be lucky b/c my local has them for $2.99 per ounce.