Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
KaijuBrew

Klondike Gold - Ferment 2 or 3 weeks?

I just bottled Klondike Gold after fermenting for three weeks. Cold crashed for three days and of course had a little taste. That was so good. Now I can't wait for it to be ready. This is going to take some self control. Probably best to wait longer, but I'm going to be really curious at the four weeks mark. I have not been at this long enough to experience of how longer conditioning makes a better beer, but I'm interested.

10 hours ago, Marius said:

I just bottled Klondike Gold after fermenting for three weeks. Cold crashed for three days and of course had a little taste. That was so good. Now I can't wait for it to be ready. This is going to take some self control. Probably best to wait longer, but I'm going to be really curious at the four weeks mark. I have not been at this long enough to experience of how longer conditioning makes a better beer, but I'm interested.

Patience has its rewards. As the song goes, the waiting is the hardest part..

3 hours ago, D Kristof said:

Patience has its rewards. As the song goes, the waiting is the hardest part..

Right. I have been busy in my short time as a brewer. I have four beers bottled and two fermenting in the pipeline. As these "ripen", I might be less impatient. Right now, I am having to appease my beer curiosity with store bought. My hope, like others, is to be able to supply myself with home brews exclusively.