Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Balr14

Wife is not a fan!

16 posts in this topic

I did my second brew on Saturday; Ocktoberfest. I don't know if it's the wort cooking or the supplemental pack, but my wife does not like the smell at all! I didn't think it was as noticeable on my first brew (American Ale), but I could be wrong. My wife made me boil some cinnamon sticks after I got done with the beer, to kill the smell. Personally, I'll take the wort smell over the cinnamon sticks.         

Bighead beer, John K. and creamz13 like this

I agree with EVERY response on this thread!  My fiancé hates the smell of the hops boiling.  Really nothing I can do about it until I start doing all-grain outside in the spring.   

John K. likes this

40 minutes ago, creamz13 said:

Fiance enjoys my homebrewing. She does not like when i am outside in cold doing full 5 gallons boils tho

Man, what a nice lady!  I have to remind mine that it's 20° outside!!!

John K. likes this

1 hour ago, Stroomer420 said:

I like the way it smells,,,like the smell of steeping grains as well....

I love the smells of brewing , best hobby I've ever had ! 

44 minutes ago, creamz13 said:

Fiance enjoys my homebrewing. She does not like when i am outside in cold doing full 5 gallons boils tho

Father in law and wife let me build my very own brew shed attached to the side of the house it's cozy and warm , gotta install a ac unit this spring though 

creamz13 and efdbrian like this

13 hours ago, gophers6 said:

My wife thinks the aroma of brewing is heavenly, especially steeping grains.

Now there's a keeper!!!!!

When I was bottling the first brew, I spilled a few ounces on the floor. I didn't clean it up right away, as I was kind of busy bottling while the trub was still stiff. I thought it smelled great! She, who must be obeyed, didn't agree!  :rolleyes:

whats not to love about the smell of raisin bran and herbs?   wort boils always smells like that to me... raisin bran and herbs.  maybe I got lucky. I have a wife who volunteers to help any way I let her... and doesn't mind cleaning up for me when I'm too pooped to do it.

Shrike likes this