ajolin13

Awesome deal

43 posts in this topic

Received my kit today.... one small problem..... its missing a pack of DME smooth and the muslin bag :(

EDIT:: Called MRB Customer Service.. Talked with a Very nice guy Named Josh (could it be one of our very own moderators?) and he is shipping the missing items! No muss no fuss! THIS is why i will always be a MRB customer.

Edited by hotrod3539
Updated information

25 minutes ago, hotrod3539 said:

Received my kit today.... one small problem..... its missing a pack of DME smooth and the muslin bag :(

EDIT:: Called MRB Customer Service.. Talked with a Very nice guy Named Josh (could it be one of our very own moderators?) and he is shipping the missing items! No muss no fuss! THIS is why i will always be a MRB customer.

Are you sure the rep wasn't just joshing with you?   Bah-dah-boom! 

MRB Josh R and hotrod3539 like this

3 minutes ago, MRB Josh R said:

Yeah, that was me. :D lol. Your DME and muslin sack are on the way. You should have an email confirmation.

Cheers!

yep! Thanks again @MRB Josh R!! 

MRB Josh R likes this

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 0:43 PM, MRB Josh R said:

Yeah, that was me. :D lol. Your DME and muslin sack are on the way. You should have an email confirmation.

Cheers!

@MRB Josh R, do you know the name of the recipe that comes with this kit?

hotrod3539 likes this

11 hours ago, ajolin13 said:

@MRB Josh R, do you know the name of the recipe that comes with this kit?

It doesn't really have a name (Mr. Beer Amber Ale). It's a version of our Bewitched with some DME and Goldings hops. It's exclusive to Amazon when buying the 6 gallon kit.

https://www.amazon.com/Mr-Beer-Brewmax-Gallon-Homebrewing/dp/B01M8MRANX/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1486579020&sr=8-1&keywords=mr+beer+brewmax+6+gallon

<decloak>

I had suggested "Tabitha".  Perhaps someone could set up a vote to give the recipe a name.

<cloak>

(note........corrected the spelling)

hotrod3539 likes this

On 2/10/2017 at 10:30 AM, MiniYoda said:

<decloak>

I had suggested "Tabatha".  Perhaps someone could set up a vote to give the recipe a name.

<cloak>

I second the Tabitha name.

12 hours ago, MRB Josh R said:

It doesn't really have a name (Mr. Beer Amber Ale). It's a version of our Bewitched with some DME and Goldings hops. It's exclusive to Amazon when buying the 6 gallon kit.

https://www.amazon.com/Mr-Beer-Brewmax-Gallon-Homebrewing/dp/B01M8MRANX/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1486579020&sr=8-1&keywords=mr+beer+brewmax+6+gallon

Would you recommend any changes or is it good brewed straight up?

hotrod3539 likes this

29 minutes ago, ajolin13 said:

Would you recommend any changes or is it good brewed straight up?

I am gonna brew it straight up.... that way I know if I like it as is or if I want to change things up such as different hops, steeped grains... different ME...so on and so forth...

ajolin13 and RickBeer like this

I made it, it's still conditioning, but it tasted good when I tried a sample.  I'm thinking of changing the DME to LME Robust, and the hops from Goldings to something meaner like Apollo, then instead of Tabitha, I'd have Endora.

hotrod3539 likes this

The one question I have about the 6 gallon kit is the fact that the fermenter is not brown, like the LBK's.  I'm keeping direct light away from the fermenter the best I can, but, it's not as light-free as I'd wish.  Do these tubs filter out the bad rays of light as well as the LBKs?  If not, I'll put a towel around mine (I'm doing a brew with one right now).  If I don't have to worry too much about the light, then it's kinda cool to watch the fermentation process.

hotrod3539 likes this

a bit more research on the Mr. B's web site, they say "UV-resistant fermenters".  So I guess if I don't put the thing in direct sunlight, I should be safe.  The room that the fermenter is in has only white-light LED lighting.  Side note, if you want to watch the three-week fermentation process, these tubs are perfect.  If someone wants to film the process, please post.

hotrod3539 likes this

Yeah, just keep it out of the sun. Your indoor lighting won't put off enough UV light to harm the beer, even in a clear container (I brew in clear glass carboys all the time).

hotrod3539 likes this

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 0:46 PM, RickBeer said:

Are you sure the rep wasn't just joshing with you?   Bah-dah-boom! 

You stole my line!!!!!