Blackhawks

Yeast Recommendations

36 posts in this topic

Hi @Blackhawks. Just noticed you are from Calgary, I'm just an hour north of you! I'm just about to sample my first batch this weekend and I can totally identify with your anxiety/anticipation. It's a fun hobby. I started a couple months ago and through all the excellent advice on this forum am now much more confident. PS. Peavey Mart has all MR Beer kits on for less than half price right now!! ($15 CDN ea for craft series). Cheers!

HoppySmile! likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, dale hihn said:

Hi @Blackhawks. Just noticed you are from Calgary, I'm just an hour north of you! I'm just about to sample my first batch this weekend and I can totally identify with your anxiety/anticipation. It's a fun hobby. I started a couple months ago and through all the excellent advice on this forum am now much more confident. PS. Peavey Mart has all MR Beer kits on for less than half price right now!! ($15 CDN ea for craft series). Cheers!

wait about a year or two from now, basically where I am, and you will develop Obsessive Brewing Disorder, I think there's a rap song from the 90's sounds like " I'm down with the OBD! Yeah You Know Me! " gotta have my fix u know!!! My Precious...............

Stroomer420 and dale hihn like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, HoppySmile! said:

wait about a year or two from now, basically where I am, and you will develop Obsessive Brewing Disorder, I think there's a rap song from the 90's sounds like " I'm down with the OBD! Yeah You Know Me! " gotta have my fix u know!!! My Precious...............

My wife already thinks I have OBD!

HoppySmile! likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, dale hihn said:

My wife already thinks I have OBD!

Wait until it takes over 1/2 your house... or better yet, you are moving because your garage/brewery area isn't big enough (Check! Doing that next month - literally)! :) 

dale hihn and HoppySmile! like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine too KNOWS I have OBD.  But I am confined to basement except for wet/hot brewing work (kitchen) and  one corner of the fridge. I actually got a couple jars of saved yeast in there without comment.

 

 

dale hihn and HoppySmile! like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nickfixit said:

Mine too KNOWS I have OBD.  But I am confined to basement except for wet/hot brewing work (kitchen) and  one corner of the fridge. I actually got a couple jars of saved yeast in there without comment.

I remember the first time my wife carried a jar of yeast into the living room and asked me what it was... needless to say, after my long answer about the miracle that is yeasties, she wont be asking that again lol  However, I also know, that when we get moved, I will have an extra fridge for yeast and hops in the brewery, so I better not be putting anything in "her" fridge lol :)

dale hihn likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kedogn said:

I remember the first time my wife carried a jar of yeast into the living room and asked me what it was... needless to say, after my long answer about the miracle that is yeasties, she wont be asking that again lol  However, I also know, that when we get moved, I will have an extra fridge for yeast and hops in the brewery, so I better not be putting anything in "her" fridge lol :)

These days I cook mostly so I fill it with people food. She takes care of pets so she fills it with dog and cat food (1 + 6 (includes 1 hospice cat and one blind cat waiting for adoption)).

It is a battle to see who has more food in there. But I am the only one gets the beer - lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, kedogn said:

Wait until it takes over 1/2 your house... or better yet, you are moving because your garage/brewery area isn't big enough (Check! Doing that next month - literally)! :) 

3/4 of my house is beer! no garage, no storage, and no basement, I cud be on Hoarders in a few more years, that wud be awesome!!! crawling all over my ever so Not Ending brewing mammouth to dig out a beer!!! i'm not there yet! but working on it!!

Bonsai & Brew, dale hihn and kedogn like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, HoppySmile! said:

3/4 of my house is beer! no garage, no storage, and no basement, I cud be on Hoarders in a few more years, that wud be awesome!!! crawling all over my ever so Not Ending brewing mammouth to dig out a beer!!! i'm not there yet! but working on it!!

I have a small bottle collection, but the rest of mine is kegged.  So, inside I can have 20 gallons ready to rock with anything several gallons outside (in garage) ready to rock when needed.  All nice and neat.  But everything it takes to get to that point... now that's another story :)

HoppySmile! likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HoppySmile! said:

Buried Alive Brewing Company!!!  somebody get me a  logo design!!!!

Ironically, it was someone right here on these forums that helped me with the design work (I said what I wanted, he made it happen) for Manfish Brewing... 7 years ago! Wow how time flies. :) 

 

manfish.thumb.jpg.8f607f645e92b8a2c714a8dd3a4c089f.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now