MRB Josh R

Mr. Beer Homebrew Shop!!

45 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, MiniYoda said:

Done.  BTW, love the logo.  I'm looking forward to seeing the store when I visit Tucson

Awesome! When are you planning on visiting?

MrWhy likes this

Also, if anyone happens to be in the area on May 6th, we are having our grand opening from 1-5pm that day. We will have free pizza from Luke's Pizza (http://lukes.pizza/), baked goods from Beer Geek Bakery (she makes pastries out of beer from local breweries. Soooo good!), music, hourly raffles, a beer tasting, and brewing demos (Mr. Beer LBK and an all-grain demo). So if you are in the area, come check it out! :D

hotrod3539, MichaelL and MrWhy like this

10 minutes ago, MRB Josh R said:

Awesome! When are you planning on visiting?

Dunno........you folks tell me

http://www.azbeer.com/tucson.htm

https://beerfests.com/events/great-tucson-beer-festival/

This is info on last year's shin-dig.  Looks like my road trip is late September/early October, but I haven't yet found out what weekend.  BTW, I'm driving down, because I can't bring Louisville beers on a plane.

KaijuBrew, MRB Josh R and MrWhy like this

16 hours ago, MiniYoda said:

Dunno........you folks tell me

http://www.azbeer.com/tucson.htm

https://beerfests.com/events/great-tucson-beer-festival/

This is info on last year's shin-dig.  Looks like my road trip is late September/early October, but I haven't yet found out what weekend.  BTW, I'm driving down, because I can't bring Louisville beers on a plane.

You will see me there since I'm at the booth every year serving beer. :)

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 11:21 AM, MRB Josh R said:

We even have a projector with a large screen for viewing PowerPoint presentations, images, and movies (beer themed movie nights?).

Movie themed beer nights?

MRB Josh R and Shrike like this

6 minutes ago, MiniYoda said:

Just need to know when the festival is this year, so that I can schedule vacation, hotel, rental car, etc.

I HIGHLY recommend the VIP tickets so you can get in an hour early and avoid the beer lines. They run out of beer every year so get there early.

MRB Tim likes this

1 hour ago, MRB Josh R said:

Thanks for the info!  My plan (as of right now) is to leave Louisville on Wednesday 27th, as it will take two days to drive to Tucson.  I'll get there late Thursday, and can spend Friday, Saturday (day of festival) and Sunday touring the city and the beer pubs.  Then Monday drive back to Louisville.

Again.....that's the plan for now.  We'll see what happens.

MRB Josh R and MrWhy like this

2 hours ago, MiniYoda said:

Thanks for the info!  My plan (as of right now) is to leave Louisville on Wednesday 27th, as it will take two days to drive to Tucson.  I'll get there late Thursday, and can spend Friday, Saturday (day of festival) and Sunday touring the city and the beer pubs.  Then Monday drive back to Louisville.

Again.....that's the plan for now.  We'll see what happens.

The area between Congress Street and Broadway southwest of the university is a good place to go for some night life.  At least it was 18 years ago when I was stationed in Tucson at Davis-Monthan AFB.   Things may have changed since... :)  There are lots of bars and restaurants and women from the U of A. 

Once I sober up, which might be sometime Monday late morning at the office, I'll start a new thread about Tuscon's Beer Fest.  Won't be the first MUG meeting (I have other plans for that), but we'll consider it the first "national" MUG meeting.

adoYiniM.   Wondering how much it would cost to make t-shirts of the event................

MrWhy likes this

On 3/20/2017 at 2:35 PM, MRB Josh R said:

17353221_10211327256313604_1557861360352

(more pics to come)

Hey guys! I'm VERY excited to announce that we will be opening our VERY FIRST brick and mortar homebrew supply store in our 24 year history!! This will hopefully expand to become a nationwide franchise. I will be managing the store (don't worry, I will still be on here, too) and it will have EVERYTHING any brewer needs - even all-grainers and wine makers. While the store itself will have a much larger inventory than our website, we do plan on selling everything we have in the store on the website eventually (other than bulk grains/malt).

The questions I have for the community are as follows: What do you want to see in your local homebrew supply store? What does your current LHBS lack that you wish they had? What types of events and/or promotions would you like to see from your LHBS?

While I have several years experience running homebrew stores, times and trends change so I would like to get some input from you guys so we can make this store the best we can.

For those of you in the area, we will have our social media site up soon. Grand opening in April.

Are those vittles vaults? Lol

MRB Tim likes this

2 minutes ago, Creeps McLane said:

Are those vittles vaults? Lol

They sure are! lol. They are the best containers for pet food, but they also work great for storing grains. They fit a 50 - 55 lb bag of grains perfectly. Beats 5 gallon plastic buckets any day! :)

TonyKZ1 likes this

13 minutes ago, MRB Josh R said:

They sure are! lol. They are the best containers for pet food, but they also work great for storing grains. They fit a 50 - 55 lb bag of grains perfectly. Beats 5 gallon plastic buckets any day! :)

They were $27 dollars on amazon for the 50lb container. I told my wife i was gonna buy two. She gave me her displeased look so i held off. Next day they were $32, i was pissed. Two days later and still now they are $42. SO a B. Should've pulled the trigger despite the displeased face

MRB Tim, Shrike, TonyKZ1 and 1 other like this

This all stems from the goal of brewing larger volumes, spending less time doing so and saving money on bulk grains. However... it costs some serious money to ship 50 lbs of grain. So basically what i just decided in the shower is this, ask for a grain mill for my birthday, order 40 lb vaults, and only order 40 lbs of grain at a time. The mill is free then, the vaults cost me $54 which after about 150 lbs of grain they paid for themselves. Thats actually not true because im also saving money not having them mill it for me also so my savings goes up to .30 per lb. so after 175 lbs, wait my match cant be right. Damn you two hearted for this slight buzz right now. 

MRB Josh R likes this

41 minutes ago, MiniYoda said:

You don't sell this online

https://www.amazon.com/Sulfiter-Midwest-Homebrewing-Winemaking-Supplies/dp/B013S1RZLY

But was wondering if you sold it in your store

Not yet, but it is on my list. It will be part of our "wine phase" after we're done bringing in the rest of the beer inventory. We should have them in a few weeks.