Mr.Beer Community

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 5:30 PM, KaijuBrew said:

Dare I serve local craft brews at the party too in addition to my own stuff?  Good as the Mr. Beer stuff is, local craft beer is stiff competition!

IMG_2288.jpg

I would have a back up......................just in case you happen to run out!!

On 4/6/2017 at 11:09 AM, RIVER said:

I would have a back up......................just in case you happen to run out!!

Okay - I got a growler of Wolfsridge session IPA and a 12 pack of Bell's Oberon - just in case!

Also printed out descriptions from the website of the Mr. Beers I will be serving! 

1 hour ago, Shrike said:

What was the hit of the tasting?

And how's the Novacaine?  That one's in my brew queue.

Oddly - I think the simpler the better.  Just the straight up long play IPA was a big hit.  I only offered one bottle of novacaine because it is only 5 months old.  That was a hit with me as well as my friend who is an actual brain surgeon.  If you like beers like Bell's expedition stout, you will like novocaine!

Going through the tasting, there is definitely a consistent taste to the Mr. Beer brews I served.  They differ but in many there is sort of yeasty taste.  I may need to adjust my process.

Again, the long play IPA tasted the most like a commercial craft brew.  Others like Klondike or Voodoo ale or even the stout had a sort of sweet back bone that I don't usually get from commercial beers.

It made me think that the effort put forth for a simple brew, like long play IPA, may provide the best bang for the buck.  The more complicated brews are harder to "land".  I guess that is what makes them challenging to make.

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 4:30 PM, KaijuBrew said:

Long Play IPA turned out very nicely!  I just followed the recipe!

I am glad because this just came off conditioning.  I am having a beer tasting party this weekend to share my home brews and I think this will go over well.

I will be serving:

Northwest Pale Ale

Klondike Gold

Long Play IPA

Surly Dog IPA

Voodoo that you do Ale

Stout

Porter

My guess is that is the order to serve them.

Amy tips on food and other party prep?

Dare I serve local craft brews at the party too in addition to my own stuff?  Good as the Mr. Beer stuff is, local craft beer is stiff competition!

IMG_2288.jpg

I was suppose to have a sampling session this last saturday but no one showed up, so I drank all of it! at least I can get 100% positive feedback that way