Bonsai & Brew

beer wars
The Great Mexican-Belgian Beer War of 2017

102 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Bonsai & Brew said:

My last contact with @MrWhy was August 4, 2017.  At that time he was getting ready to send me a 750 mL bottle of La Noche Libra (or whatever) after I had sent him some bottles of Tipo de Belga Dobles.  His package never arrived...  I would like to think that after achieving homebrew Nirvana, he saddlled his donkey and got lost somewhere between the Sonora and Belgium.  That, or he tried to send beer via the USPS, got busted by BATF and is in jail.  Sorry man -- it was fun while it lasted.🍻

@where is @MrWhy?  The mystery gets deeper.  @Bonsai & Brew and @Creeps McLane I enjoyed observing the camaraderie you were having sharing samples, etc.

I hope nothing happened to him.  Maybe since you have a shipping address (or an email) you could write a letter or email and check in on him?

Bonsai & Brew and D Kristof like this

46 minutes ago, KaijuBrew said:

@where is @MrWhy?  The mystery gets deeper.  @Bonsai & Brew and @Creeps McLane I enjoyed observing the camaraderie you were having sharing samples, etc.

I hope nothing happened to him.  Maybe since you have a shipping address (or an email) you could write a letter or email and check in on him?

Maybe, but I'm not certain that he is still at that address.  'Why' often spoke of beer and brewing in almost transcendent terms -- I really do wonder if he brewed The Perfect Beer and then rode off into the sunset.  Remember though, @AnthonyC pulled a similar stunt a year ago by taking a 6-8 month break from the Forum and then suddenly reappeared for a short time.  I guess we all have circumstances and real world issues that could potentially interrupt our brewing lives, but yeah, kinda' miss those guys.

KaijuBrew, Shrike, D Kristof and 1 other like this