Mr.Beer Community
rsnake2

"Stuff" floating in keg...

Sanitizing Ratio: 1 tablespoon of bleach to 1 gallon of cool water. Contact Time: Let stand for 2 minutes, then wipe or air dry.

Disinfecting Ratio: 1/4 (minimum) to 3/4 (maximum) cup of bleach to 1 gallon of cool water or 1 table- spoon (minimum) to 3 table- spoons (maximum) of bleach to 1 quart of water.

Use the Sanitizing Ratio.  Rinse very well after sanitizing.

On 7/22/2018 at 12:08 AM, youdontknowme311 said:

I know this isn't the best picture as it's through the lid of the brewmax while cold crashing. Is this an infection? I've never seen this before. I've seen stuff floating at the top before but usually drops out by the time I cold crash. 

20180722_011343.jpg

I had a batch do something similar. I was sure I had an infection and it was spoiled. Bottled it anyway and it has turned out to be one of my best brews. Did this show up right after you dry hopped by any chance?

On 7/21/2018 at 11:08 PM, youdontknowme311 said:

I know this isn't the best picture as it's through the lid of the brewmax while cold crashing. Is this an infection? I've never seen this before. I've seen stuff floating at the top before but usually drops out by the time I cold crash. 

20180722_011343.jpg

The color makes me think that it's not an infection. But it could also be your lighting. If you're feeling adventurous, skim a bit off the top with a sanitized spoon and taste it (don't worry, it won't hurt you). If it's tart or really funky, it's probably an infection. If it's very yeasty or just tastes like beer, it's probably just yeast rafts.