Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shrike

Espresso Stout

2 posts in this topic

Soon I'll be making a weizen for my wife.  Well, my niece found out about it and asked if I could make a stout for her.  So after some thought I figured I'd do an espresso stout and call it Ashley's Eye Opener Cafe Cubano Stout (she's 3/4 Cuban, hence the name).  It's based off of the MB recipe Sunday Morning Coming Down, with a few additions:

- 1 St. Pat's HME

- 1 Smooth LME

- 1/2 cup brown sugar

- 4oz. carapils

- 4oz. crystal 60

- 1 Tbsp strong, cold-steeped, espresso-ground coffee per 12oz. bottle, added at bottling.

I've only done one other recipe where I added some coffee, so thoughts?  Suggestions?  Maybe some fuggles at flameout to balance the extra grain and sugar?

Bonsai & Brew and hotrod3539 like this

20 minutes ago, Shrike said:

Soon I'll be making a weizen for my wife.  Well, my niece found out about it and asked if I could make a stout for her.  So after some thought I figured I'd do an espresso stout and call it Ashley's Eye Opener Cafe Cubano Stout (she's 3/4 Cuban, hence the name).  It's based off of the MB recipe Sunday Morning Coming Down, with a few additions:

- 1 St. Pat's HME

- 1 Smooth LME

- 1/2 cup brown sugar

- 4oz. carapils

- 4oz. crystal 60

- 1 Tbsp strong, cold-steeped, espresso-ground coffee per 12oz. bottle, added at bottling.

I've only done one other recipe where I added some coffee, so thoughts?  Suggestions?  Maybe some fuggles at flameout to balance the extra grain and sugar?

Fuggles works well; I've just made a Chocolate Stout with Fuggles at 5 & 0 minutes. The last Coffee Stout I made had course-ground beans steeped for two weeks in the secondary and tastes wonderful. 

Shrike and Bonsai & Brew like this