Mr.Beer Community
JoshR

39th Annual National Homebrewer's Conference 2017 - Minneapolis, MN

12 hours ago, MRB Josh R said:

@Creeps McLane, you may want to change your agenda slightly if you want to see me at the Coopers DIY booth. On the 15th, from 12:30 to about 1:30, I will be judging in the final round of the National Homebrewers Competition. So I most likely won't be at the booth at 1pm on Thursday.

1 hour ago, MiniYoda said:

Any idea where next year's conference is?  This year was bad for me, but I can try to plan for next year if it is relatively close

I heard a rumor that it was going to be in Portland, OR next year, but I cannot confirm that yet.

2 hours ago, MRB Josh R said:

I heard a rumor that it was going to be in Portland, OR next year, but I cannot confirm that yet.

PDX would be cool.  I might even get to make that one... missed the one in Seattle (Bellevue) a few years ago.

Just now, Creeps McLane said:

I plan on spending most of my time at the Dickies booth...

not sure why theyre there and have such a large booth

They supply a lot of breweries (and homebrewers) with work attire. A lot of these homebrewers might be considering opening breweries. ;)

4 minutes ago, Creeps McLane said:

Clothes

hygeine stuff

water cup

emergency snacks

I think im good. Minneapolis ill see you tomorrow!

Wish I could go..... It's only 30 minutes from my house and about 5 minutes from work. Have a good time!

1 minute ago, MRB Tim said:

Who had the best booth? I mean, it was obviously ours, but I wanna hear it from you

Besides MRB...

had a really nice chat with ben from spike brewing, there was a PBW like company that was really informative, omega yeast, anvil was alright, breiss had some grain that we got to take home and they had some nice knowledge to drop. 

I patiently waited to run into don osborn last night and when i finally did i chatted his ear off. He wasn't exactly walking away from either so i hope i kept my fanboy side to a minimum. 

As if hours of free beer wasn't enough we went to the hotel bar after the social night. At some point tasty mcdole walks in and we called him over for some very nice convo. 

I got john palmer to sign my book outside of the scheduled book signing. Such a nice guy, seems like theres not a mean bone in his body. 

Talked with @MRB Josh R quite a bit. He pointed us in the direction of the best brew tents. Nice to talk beers with an actual judge. 

And that was just night one.

13 minutes ago, MiniYoda said:

With all due respect to you, @Creeps McLane, aside from a great pic of t-shirts and baseball caps, I ain't seen not pics of you and the Mr. Beer team.

Just wondering.

adoYiniM

@MRB Josh R is charging $10 per selfie... thats taking food out of my childrens mouth

On June 15, 2017 at 4:48 PM, Creeps McLane said:

IMG_3763.JPG

So that's actually the coveted and legendary "Safale BE-134" orange T-shirt?  I'll trade you a 6-pack of homebrewed saison for it!  Seriously, I haven't seen this saison yeast for sale locally, but will keep looking.  Hope you guys had a great time at the conference.?

Last night was supposed to be our taking it easy night... however... we left for a sake and ended up going to 4 or 5 different bars. At the end we were at a pub with all the brewing network guys and gals. I got a pic with all of them of course. Very nice people. Brewers as a whole seem so nice. Not a single bad thing to say about the whole experience. 

On 6/16/2017 at 11:26 PM, MiniYoda said:

With all due respect to you, @Creeps McLane, aside from a great pic of t-shirts and baseball caps, I ain't seen not pics of you and the Mr. Beer team.

Just wondering.

adoYiniM

Finally i found a pic of me and josh discussing something very important im sure. 

IMG_3929.JPG