Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AnthonyC

Guess Who's Back!?

34 posts in this topic

How is that wonderful mother in law?

 

are you married yet?

 

you been brewing at all?

 

you teaching summer school?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bonsai & Brew said:

Wow, and I was gonna take the night off from drinking!  Let's all have a "welcome back/where the hell did you go?" beer!🍻

Night off from drinking??!!   Are you nuts!!??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, AnthonyC said:

1. Still Around

2. Not yet, but set a date.

3. Yes, a lot of all grain.  (Honey Wheat, Cream Ale, Bourbon Porter, Barleywine)

4. Hell NO!

Thats right you got your all grain kit. You got that all figured out? Whats your fav AG youve brewed so far?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only one has gone from kettle to keg b/c the others have a conditioning time of anywhere from 1-2yrs!  The one I've tried was the Cream Ale and the difference has been day & night.  I've also used bottled water exclusively and that has helped as well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am also back....... :o although maybe with less impact, from trip to U.K. and consumption of various beers of different kinds.  I had a great time despite visiting relatives. No seriously, that was why I went. Family birthday celebrations. My younger brothers officially joined the old fogey league at 70 and 65 - so we had a bit of partying.

And a bit of touring.

Stayed in this Inn - "Serving Great Beer since 1397". Fortunately they had some more recent brews - lol.

 

 

 

 

20170608_084513.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While you were away...

 

@Big Sarge got a promotion and now seems to have less time for the Forum.

@HoppySmile! remains a brewing enigma.  Some things are just best left undefined.

@MrWhy can be somewhat elusive and unpredictable, but we would have no Hoppy CALs or La Noche Obscuras without him.

@MiniYoda is on a "break."

@MRB Tim has unleashed his brewing creativity with some pretty impressive recipes of late.

@Creeps McLane has covered nicely in your absence and he gave me the shirt off his back.

We have all brewed gushers.  Even @RickBeer has brewed one or two.

@Shrike wins the all-around good guy Brewer of the Year award. @MichaelL places a close second.

@kedogn went pro.

@hotrod3539 wins the award for most 2-gallon batches brewed in one weekend award.

@gophers6@dale hihn, @BDawg62, @John K. you know who you are.

@Nickfixit has been pretty quiet lately, but now we know why.

I think @MRB Josh R was getting a little bored with us, so it's a good thing you're back @AnthonyC!

 

Ps Has anyone seen @Stroomer420?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bonsai & Brew said:

While you were away...

 

@Big Sarge got a promotion and now seems to have less time for the Forum.

@HoppySmile! remains a brewing enigma.  Some things are just best left undefined.

@MrWhy can be somewhat elusive and unpredictable, but we would have no Hoppy CALs or La Noche Obscuras without him.

@MiniYoda is on a "break."

@MRB Tim has unleashed his brewing creativity with some pretty impressive recipes of late.

@Creeps McLane has covered nicely in your absence and he gave me the shirt off his back.

We have all brewed gushers.  Even @RickBeer has brewed one or two.

@Shrike wins the all-around good guy Brewer of the Year award. @MichaelL places a close second.

@kedogn went pro.

@hotrod3539 wins the award for most 2-gallon batches brewed in one weekend award.

@gophers6@dale hihn, @BDawg62, @John K. you know who you are.

@Nickfixit has been pretty quiet lately, but now we know why.

I think @MRB Josh R was getting a little bored with us, so it's a good thing you're back @AnthonyC!

 

Ps Has anyone seen @Stroomer420?

I did speak w/Stroom.  He left me a message on PS4 awhile back.  

MichaelL likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, AnthonyC said:

Only one has gone from kettle to keg b/c the others have a conditioning time of anywhere from 1-2yrs!  The one I've tried was the Cream Ale and the difference has been day & night.  I've also used bottled water exclusively and that has helped as well.  

about a month ago I woke to a loud explosion right behind me. I was in my bed sleeping deeply , a work week and KABOOM! The last mini keg of my cream ale exploded literally and ejected a forceful  load of full one gallon of cream ale all over my back ( bcuz I was sleeping on my side apparently ) and the remaining soaked parts of my bed and walls. that cud have been used in a midget porn movie! Welcome back my friend! we all missed you! Did you get married? Pregnant? in a clash at the local LBGTQ rally? thrown from a train by momma? party with trump? car broke down? dog ran over? mother in law passed? tried to jump out of an airlines emergency exit door at 25,000 feet?

AnthonyC likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Allow me to join the chorus in welcoming @AnthonyC back to the fold.  This place is always more fun when The Beer SquirrelTM  is around.

 

Also:  @Bonsai & Brew:  you are too kind.  You also neglected to mention that you are now an award-winning brewer, having placed in the Lost Cabin Homebrew competition while @AnthonyC was on his hiatus.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, MichaelL said:

Allow me to join the chorus in welcoming @AnthonyC back to the fold.  This place is always more fun when The Beer SquirrelTM  is around.

 

Also:  @Bonsai & Brew:  you are too kind.  You also neglected to mention that you are now an award-winning brewer, having placed in the Lost Cabin Homebrew competition while @AnthonyC was on his hiatus.  

 

Thanks Michael.  Or the fact that @MRB Josh R is now an official BJCP Judge and we can send him our beers for a proper critique. :D

kedogn and MichaelL like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0