C-ya

Trip to Tucson, visit Mr. Beer?

17 posts in this topic

To the Mr. Beer Team, it looks like there is a very good chance of my company visiting a customer in Tucson.  If so, I would take the trip in hopes that I could stop by and visit.  Would that be possible?  I would plan an extra day there to visit as I guess no one is there after hours.

KaijuBrew and MRB Tim like this

22 minutes ago, C-ya said:

Would that be possible?

Totally. Now that we have the Everything Homebrew store here, there's actually something to visit! Before, Mr. Beer pilgrims arrived to find, well, an office building. I mean, I guess @MRB Josh R could come out to the lobby and talk to you or whatever, but it's just not the same.

C-ya likes this

Nice!  I'll keep this thread updated as the time approaches assuming everything goes to plan.

MRB Tim likes this

It's on!  Shipped the component to the customer so I'm planning on flying out there Oct. 11 and returning Friday or Saturday.  It looks like I can get there around lunch on Wednesday so I'd head over to the Mr. Beer shop for a few beers, I mean minutes.  Customer on Thursday and try to meet a forum member from an FAL forum.

MRB Tim, Shrike and kedogn like this

Just now, kedogn said:

Check out Dragoon Brewing if you can too and say hey to Eric :)

Thanks for the suggestion.  I may need  to leave on Saturday...

kedogn likes this

1 hour ago, C-ya said:

It's on!  Shipped the component to the customer so I'm planning on flying out there Oct. 11 and returning Friday or Saturday.  It looks like I can get there around lunch on Wednesday so I'd head over to the Mr. Beer shop for a few beers, I mean minutes.  Customer on Thursday and try to meet a forum member from an FAL forum.

See you then!

58 minutes ago, kedogn said:

This is excellent advice

kedogn and C-ya like this

On 7/21/2017 at 11:50 AM, MRB Tim said:

Totally. Now that we have the Everything Homebrew store here, there's actually something to visit! Before, Mr. Beer pilgrims arrived to find, well, an office building. I mean, I guess @MRB Josh R could come out to the lobby and talk to you or whatever, but it's just not the same.

Here are two Mr. Beer employees (one of them may be MRB Tim) entertaining a visiting customer before the Homebrew store existed:

MRB Tim likes this

Any other recommendations for dinner or drinks?  I'll have two nights open for dinner.  If it is at a brewpub, so much the better.  I'll most likely head over to Dragoon after leaving Mr. Beer since they aren't too far apart if they are open.

kedogn and HoppySmile! like this

Well, I made it to Mr. Beer headquarters.  Josh and I talked for a bit, toured the digs, sampled some beer, got the skinny on some of the micros in town to hit, and I bought some half-price HMEs.  Nice visit - thanks, Josh!

F8NNuglb.jpg

MichaelL, MRB Tim, kedogn and 3 others like this

On 9/25/2017 at 10:49 AM, kedogn said:

I made it to Dragoon Brewing after visiting Josh and stopping at the Tucson Hop House.

WwKa6um.jpg

Their Frosty Friends Red IPA was awesome. It was even more awesome cask aged with an extra dry hop addition.

8UOuTd1b.jpg

hotrod3539, Shrike and kedogn like this

3 hours ago, C-ya said:

Well, I made it to Mr. Beer headquarters.  Josh and I talked for a bit, toured the digs, sampled some beer, got the skinny on some of the micros in town to hit, and I bought some half-price HMEs.  Nice visit - thanks, Josh!

F8NNuglb.jpg

Dear Admins:

Please change C-Ya's username to Fanboy...  :lol:

Big Sarge likes this

3 hours ago, C-ya said:

F8NNuglb.jpg

Dear Admins:

Please change C-Ya's username to Fanboy...  :lol:

C-ya likes this