Creeps McLane

Build me a recipe

112 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Creeps McLane said:

Im extremely excited about the beer that i have fermenting right now thanks to @MrWhy. Truth be told, thats the first time in history ive brewed 10 gallons of one thing and not split it with different yeasts and dry hopping. 

 

The above list is updated. Round two. Give me a recipe and i will make it worth your while if you have the best one. This round you have some time. Brew day is set for August 25th. Deadline is 8-25-17 @ 12:00 noon.

 

You know me. Appeal to my likes and goodies may arrive at your door step. 

 

Round 2 of 'What's in Creeps' Cupboard?'!!  I'm in!:D

kedogn likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, kedogn said:

@Creeps McLane I'm not wanting to "steal" your idea, so I am asking if it's ok that I do. :) 

 

I love this idea so much, I would really enjoy doing something similar, then getting it on tap at Manfish Brewing and possibly a local bar.  Full recipe by everyone here who wants to give suggestions and a name voted on by those who want to participate.  You cool with that? 

 

For the record, I probably won't start the process until next month as I have several beers in line that I "have to" brew (there's that phrase again) that will take the next few weeks already. 

 

Overall, I just think it would be wicked cool. :) 

I would be honored 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Creeps McLane said:

I would be honored 

Awesome. I will circle back to this in a few weeks when I know I will have a conical open and we'll do it.  Thanks. :) 

Creeps McLane and hotrod3539 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On August 7, 2017 at 7:19 PM, Creeps McLane said:

Im extremely excited about the beer that i have fermenting right now thanks to @MrWhy. Truth be told, thats the first time in history ive brewed 10 gallons of one thing and not split it with different yeasts and dry hopping. 

 

The above list is updated. Round two. Give me a recipe and i will make it worth your while if you have the best one. This round you have some time. Brew day is set for August 25th. Deadline is 8-25-17 @ 12:00 noon.

 

You know me. Appeal to my likes and goodies may arrive at your door step. 

 

You asked for it Creeps!

 

image.png

image.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Bonsai & Brew said:

 

You asked for it Creeps!

 

image.png

image.jpeg

I like this one cuz its a good way to use up a hop im not really sure what to do with. And it will be completely showcased  since its a SMaSH. 

Bonsai & Brew likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Creeps McLane said:

I like this one cuz its a good way to use up a hop im not really sure what to do with. And it will be completely showcased  since its a SMaSH. 

 

Chicago and Detroit have to get their own beer.B)

Creeps McLane likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Creeps McLane Was that K-97 there before?  Anyway, I crafted a partial extract 10 gal. variation of a Blonde for your perusal:

 

Pale malt, 12 lbs.

Canadian Blonde HME, 3.74 lbs.

Warrior hops (15.4% AA) 0.5 oz., 60 min.

Mandarina Bavaria hops, 1 oz. @ flame-out

Safale K-97

 

Mash malt @ 152 F for an hour.

Mash-out @ 168 F.  Sparge.

90 min. boil.  HMEs @ flame-out.

 

Ferment @ 60 F.

 

OG 1.046

IBU 19

SRM 4

 

Blonde Warrior Ale?🍻

 

image.jpeg

John K., TonyKZ1, Shrike and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2017 at 7:00 PM, Bonsai & Brew said:

@Creeps McLane Was that K-97 there before?  Anyway, I crafted a partial extract 10 gal. variation of a Blonde for your perusal:

 

Pale malt, 12 lbs.

Canadian Blonde HME, 3.74 lbs.

Warrior hops (15.4% AA) 0.5 oz., 60 min.

Mandarina Bavaria hops, 1 oz. @ flame-out

Safale K-97

 

Mash malt @ 152 F for an hour.

Mash-out @ 168 F.  Sparge.

90 min. boil.  HMEs @ flame-out.

 

Ferment @ 60 F.

 

OG 1.046

IBU 19

SRM 4

 

Blonde Warrior Ale?🍻

I have been staring at this recipe for days now. Playing over in my mind how that brew day would go.  As i think about it I start asking myself other questions. Could I split the batch in two fives and do two blonde hme in one and the NWPA in the other? The blonde would now be a higher abv and all but does it matter? Id keep the k-97 with the blonde. Then lager yeast for the NWPA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Creeps McLane said:

I have been staring at this recipe for days now. Playing over in my mind how that brew day would go.  As i think about it I start asking myself other questions. Could I split the batch in two fives and do two blonde hme in one and the NWPA in the other? The blonde would now be a higher abv and all but does it matter? Id keep the k-97 with the blonde. Then lager yeast for the NWPA

 

Sure, or use the US-05 on the NWPA with a little Simcoe dry-hop?  Now you've got me thinking again...;).

 

Or you could wait until @MrWhy, @MRB Tim, and others finally show their cards, and post their recipes.

MRB Tim and MrWhy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Bonsai & Brew said:

 

Sure, or use the US-05 on the NWPA with a little Simcoe dry-hop?  Now you've got me thinking again...;).

 

Or you could wait until @MrWhy, @MRB Tim, and others finally show their cards, and post their recipes.

Theyre scared 😳 

MRB Tim likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Creeps McLane said:

Theyre scared 😳 

 

Just easily distracted, I swear!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess I was thinking you should do a hoppy Saison, but I haven't been able to figure out how to work in the grains. It occurs to me that, strictly speaking, you wouldn't *have* to add any, but the whole point of the exercise is to use this stuff up. The pale is the obvious choice, but that's kind of boring, no?

Creeps McLane likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MRB Tim said:

I guess I was thinking you should do a hoppy Saison, but I haven't been able to figure out how to work in the grains. It occurs to me that, strictly speaking, you wouldn't *have* to add any, but the whole point of the exercise is to use this stuff up. The pale is the obvious choice, but that's kind of boring, no?

Youre really quite limited with the grains, the hme / lme almost has to save you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Creeps McLane said:

Though ive never made a hoppy saison before... Thats interesting 

I kinda like the sound of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dry hopped the "why so creepy?" Ipa tonight and transferred 5 gallons of it to secondary. It must be the fermonster is a different plastic than the big mouth bubbler. Every time I split a batch one looks so much different than the other. 

 

Any who, the original recipe called to dry hop with 1 oz waimea, however, this is a special beer. Special beers call for more effort. Each fermenter got half an oz of waimea, warrior and simcoe. @MrWhy and Creeps Mclane do not mess around with second rate beer. 

 

But in all serious, ive been hearing so much about blending hops for dry hopping and i thought id give it a go. Nothing i do is without at least 1% education 

 

MrWhy and hotrod3539 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Creeps McLane said:

Though ive never made a hoppy saison before... Thats interesting 

 

I really liked the cascade with my saison. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Creeps McLane said:

Dry hopped the "why so creepy?" Ipa tonight and transferred 5 gallons of it to secondary. It must be the fermonster is a different plastic than the big mouth bubbler. Every time I split a batch one looks so much different than the other. 

 

Any who, the original recipe called to dry hop with 1 oz waimea, however, this is a special beer. Special beers call for more effort. Each fermenter got half an oz of waimea, warrior and simcoe. @MrWhy and Creeps Mclane do not mess around with second rate beer. 

 

But in all serious, ive been hearing so much about blending hops for dry hopping and i thought id give it a go. Nothing i do is without at least 1% education 

 

 

Nice!

 

I would love to work with Warrior more again. I think it sounds like a great addition to a dry hop mix.

 

 

Creeps McLane likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bonsai & Brew said:

 

Sure, or use the US-05 on the NWPA with a little Simcoe dry-hop?  Now you've got me thinking again...;).

 

Or you could wait until @MrWhy, @MRB Tim, and others finally show their cards, and post their recipes.

 

I've been sitting this one out. I felt it wouldn't be fair to jump in....I wouldn't want to end up being a two time recipe winner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now